permanent damage

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi all. i wanted to see if anyone has talked to their CFS doctors about the permanent damage that results from long-term viral infections, such as STAT1 and p53 deficiencies and T cell exhaustion.

i just don't understand why some people who have been sick for many years are able to make an apparent 80 to 95% recovery (in manson's case, 98%) while some are not.

someone told me demeirleir feels that there are permanent cellular changes that occur. this makes sense...but i wonder if montoya or lerner have any comments.

if i have the guts, i will ask dr. lerner!

sue:)
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i wish i could stop researching. i will end up with a stress-related heart attack long before i get better from CFS :(
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I wish I had some answers for you, really I do. If this Dr. Lerner is your doctor you should feel free to ask him anything you want to. vvV
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I wish I had some answers for you, really I do. If this Dr. Lerner is your doctor you should feel free to ask him anything you want to. vvV
  5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

8. hensue

hensue New Member

Do we know how many truly have improved after seeing him?
    hensue