Permanent Disability and FMS and GBS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by anchor, Oct 25, 2012.

1. anchor

anchor Member

I have had FMS for the last 10 years and developed Guillain-Barre Syndrome (a second neurolgical, nerve-related illness) in early summer, landing me paralyzed and in ICU and rehab for 2 months, continuing my rehab at home.

I have easily qualified for temporary disabilty from June until January, when the doctor seems to think I am able to return to work (teaching kindergarten - ha!) My recovery from GBS has plateaued and the illness has exacerbated FMS.

Other than still having numbess and mild paralysis in the mornings, among other issues, I definitely struggle with a complete lack of endurance, extreme fatigue and worsening push > crash. (and the doctor thinks I can return to work.)

I seem to recall that there was Disabilty Insurance or perhaps a disability attorney where patients with Fibro were more likely to get disability going thru this company.

What's the name of that company and can someone link me to a conversation here about it. I couldn't find it on the Disability boards.

Does it start with A?

thanks, Lisa
  2. lea

lea Member

want to join disinissues.
    The link below may help you get there.
  3. neoplus1

neoplus1 Member

But I just wanted to comment because I suffer from Guillain Barre Syndrome back in 2005 and a few months later I began to get the symptoms of CFS/ME & Fibro. It is rare to hear from someone else who has had it given that it is such a rare syndrome to suffer from. I hope you continue to improve from it. I have been there.

PS: To get hand function and coordination back, I played video games haha.
  4. mujuer

mujuer New Member

That is the company that I am going through. They rock. Let me know if you need any more info.