Permanent Parking Placards

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jake123, Jun 27, 2006.

1. jake123

jake123 New Member

Can anyone answer my question? If I have a permanent placard but it is marked Feb. 2007 do I have to get another at the Courthouse or do I have to go back to the doctor to get another placard? Thanks for your help.
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

if it is a blue one, permanent...type...temporary is aother thing...

jodie
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

In my state, that means that your placard expires in Feb. 2007; therefore, you must get another doctor's "proof of necessity" and take it back to your courthouse, or DMV, to get issued a new placard.
  4. jake123

jake123 New Member

And maybe this will help some other people also. Thanks again.
  5. jake123

jake123 New Member

Maybe I will call the license place ?
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

dmv or secretary of state website...and save the time of calling
  7. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I renewed mine, via the mail, with the form, gotten on line, and with a copy of my SSDI award. You can get your doc to complete a form, as well.

They will mail you the renewed one, or in some states, you must go to the court house, DMV, etc. with the form, or have someone do it.

I take my scooter in, but if I think I can walk, which is usually a mistake, they usually have chairs to sit in, and just mark your place in line, and sit to wait.

I had to rent a car, recently, while my van was in for repairs, and the rental company picked up the rental, with the placard in it, right from under my nose. When I realized they had taken it, with my placard, I called and THEY CLAIMED NEVER TO HAVE SEEN IT. I TOLD THEM THAT IT HAD MY NUMBER ON IT, AND IF THEY SOLD IT, USED IT, OR WHATEVER, I HOPE THEY GOT TICKETED FOR IT.

They offer a course, in our area, for individuals to be sort of deputized to write tickets for handicapped violations.

If I am ever able to do so, I am going to take that course. I am so tired of seeing people, young people, all kinds of obviously non-impaired people get out of cars in handicapped places with placards.

At the pharmacy the other day, this woman parked in a very expensive SUV and jumped out and ran into the store, with your handicapped placard IN HER TENNIS OUTFIT.

I have seen teenagers, young people, everyone you can imagine, get out with those and do all kinds of things, which tell you that they are not handicapped.

WE had a JUDGE, prosecuted, recently, in our area, because SHE HAD RENEWED AND KEPT USING HER DEAD MOTHER'S HANDICAPPED STICKER FOR YEARS.

Our local SPORTS, PRO TEAMS, GOT THOSE PLACARDS FOR MOST OF THEIR GUYS. Now, sometimes they do get injured, BUT ALL THE TIME? NO way. If you can play basketball, and you aren't injured, DON'T TAKE THE SPACES.
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

such as having athsma....i never knew it until my friend told me years ago...but neither one of us got one...but we could...

so these young people may have athsma...and more and more young people have athsma....

if you want to try and judge a book by the cover you could be in for a surprise.....

but i understand that i am sure there are many people who steal the placard cards...i worry about mine every time...and i could get the license plate but i worried that someone would steal it off my car...plus if i ride in someone else's car i can take my placard card...