Perms and FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 99, Aug 1, 2003.

1. 99

99 New Member

I've always had trouble with permanents. When I told my hairdresser that I might have Fibromyalgia (years ago) she said that was good to know; people with this condition require a different type of perm. (Low Theo?) Guess what? It worked! Has anyone else experienced this?

Gail
  2. Notonline

Notonline New Member

Used to get my hair permed now and then up until my 20's. Poker straight all during school. Weird part is... when I started to feel really lousy after having my son a few years back...I also found that my hair (which I've always kept long) now had natural curl (kinda of happened all of the sudden too, which is even stranger)...haven't had a perm in over 10 years, because the odor would knock me for a loop for at least a couple of days afterward, still use the same shampoo, etc...this has been one weird but kinda nice surprise.

Danny
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

This is a interesting post. I never thought of Fm affecting even our hair.. but I guess it affects every inch of us.

Perms have always been a disaster for me. I`ve only had one that has turned out descent in my life. Usually my hair ends up getting fried so I quite getting them.

This explains alot.