Peroxide Bath for Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lostnfound, Mar 16, 2003.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound New Member

Here is the recipe for the peroxide and epsom salt bath:

2- 16oz. bottles of 3% peroxide
    2 cups epsom salts
    Water....deep as u can, warm as u can stand it
    1-3 times per week
    No vitamins for 8 hours prior to bath

Using a jacuzzi will increase the effect........home whirlpool also good if available

As I received this recipe, it included no time period for this soak........I soak at least a half hour, adding hot water as needed to maintain the temp.......have actually taken a book to the bath with me and stayed in as long as an hour.

As usual, my fibrofog will not allow me to remember the name of the "buildup" in the fascia of muscles that this removes......lactic acid?......but it certainly has lessened my pain! I sleep better after a soak too!

Happy soaking all!
  2. Starla

Starla New Member

Can't wait to try it.
  3. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

I saw someone mention this type of bath the other day without the precise recipe but I tried it with just a guess (the way I used to cook) and it works. The only reason I haven't tried it again is it's so hard for me to get up and down.

I didn't know about the vitamin part, tho - thank you for that. When I went to Wal-Mart the other day (one of my very few trips out in a month) I told my granddaughter - just remind me to get the peroxide and more epsom salts!! It's so much cheaper there.

Well - since I have this terrible cough (following my 5th sore throat since Oct 28th flu shot) I can't sleep for 2nd night in a row. Good to know you all are here all night!!!

Pam