Personal Girl Question Please Help if you can

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by risinforce, Nov 9, 2005.

1. risinforce

risinforce New Member

Ok this is a really personal and kindof embarrassing question for the girls. I'm hoping I'm not the only person on this panel who has had these. I'm getting another barcelona Gland Cyst. It's a cyst in the private area that is caused by a clogged duct just in the opening. It isn't due to dirtiness or anything. I had one earlier this year on the left side and it was extremely painful. Now I'm getting one on the right side.

I'm really freaked out. I don't know why because I know what it is and just need to get antibiotics but I just don't understand why it is happening. I know you can get them from having alot of sex, but I have only been itimate twice in the last week and a half. So why am I getting these??

They hurt so bad and on Sunday I felt like I was coming down w/the flu or something. Well turns out I was fighting the infection that has started. I will end up unable to sit by the time it is over. Not something I need when my FMS and back pain is already intolerable most times.

Anyone else fall victim to these? Am I the only freak?

Help!
    Shawn
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

My doc (UK) told me a few years ago that 'they were nothing, only clogged ducts' and that I should try squeezing them. Youch! No can do!

With me they come and go, also not a lot of sex going on here, I dont think that has anything to do with it.

I wasn't offered antibiotics and I'm not sure if they would help.

I wanted to ask my new doc but he's male and I dont want him examining me, since I've gotten older I dislike male docs looking at my personal parts.

Please let me know how you get on. You're not a freak, they certainly havent made me feel like one, they're just very annoying and sometimes painful.

love
    Rosie
  3. Lynda44

Lynda44 New Member

Ive had 1 of these..ouchyyyy !!!

I wasnt given any antibiotics either..doc said justto watch it, and make sure it didnt get any bigger.

It went away on its own.

Good luck..hope yours says adios soon.

4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Are you taking any supplements that might make your estrogen skyrocket, like soy or red clover supplements? You could do some research on estrogen dominance and you may come up w/ some answers.

I haven't had your problem, it sounds painful. My cross extra cross to bear is chronic yeast infections. That's thanks to long term abx treatment. YOu may want to look into natural infection fighters like garlic, olive leaf, colloidal silver, etc. and avoid other potential problems from using abx too much.

Good luck, you aren't a freak. I used to get a weepy type of rash on my vulva just before my period. It happened often in my early twenties, I'd have to use an rx cream, then it just resolved itself and stopped.

Jeanne
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

We've alreasdy discussed poop on this board at length! I had one and the obgyn drained it and I used warm compresses on it as well. The draining really did not hurt at all. Just slightly embarrasing. I don't think it is anything you are doing just one of those things! Lynn
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

I had one yrs. ago. sometimes if you sit a hot bath as long as you can stand it will burst and empty out. Mine kept filling up and eventually had to be lanced but maybe you will have better luck. If it doesnt work I would call the dr.

Good luck,
    Michelle
  7. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I've not had what you're having, but I agree with the hot baths, as often as you can. They will help it drain.
  8. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I had problems with one of these over 20 years ago. I had to have several procedures done on it. Finally I had a surgical procedure done that fixed it for good.

Danielle
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

Me too. I had one of these cysts.
    It was horrible to say the least~
    I made an appointment with the Gyno when I had mine spring up out of nowhere. It grew fast and hurt like hell.
    I took hot epsom salt baths like 4-5 times a day!
    It burst after a bath,...but I still went to the drs. anyways. The doc. said it was a bartholin gland cyst,and put me on antibiotics.
    Best of luck to you~
    Hugs
    Tandy
  10. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Look at all the others who've had this problem, and resolved it even.

We tend to think we are the only one when we have an intimate problem. It's a good thing you spoke up, and I hope you aren't embarrassed anymore, this will be good reference for someone else who might panic and think they had vulva cancer if they hadn't read about it here.

I used to think I was a total freak when my breasts first grew and I noticed one was bigger than the other. I was SO ashamed that I didn't mention it to anyone for years, but suffered my shame in silence when I would have found out different if I'd only been brave enough to speak up. Heh, seems funny now.

Jeanne
  11. gabdeb

gabdeb New Member

it hurt at first. im just taking lots of hot bathes and it is almost gone. i had it on my list when i went to the doctor the other day and he didnt mention it neither did i. thats the first time i have had one there. ive had one on my face before many years ago. its almost been two weeks and almost gone. it is not from to much sex. whats that!! im very single now. your not a freak! youll be better soon!
    deb