Personal Multivitamin Discovery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FriendonthePath, Dec 4, 2006.

1. FriendonthePath

FriendonthePath New Member

Soooooooo, it took me 4 years to figure out that I feel better WITHOUT taking my multivitamin.

I have zero depression without it and I sleep better.

The other symptoms (especially the trigger points) are still there, but the depression is gone. I've tested this several times and it's undeniable.

I asked my doctor what she thought about this and she thought I may have something like a food sensitivity to one of the ingredients in multivitamins but that there are so many ingredients, it would be difficult to figure out which one is causing the problem.

For me, magnesium yes... multivitamin, definitely no. I'm still trying to figure out if magnesium/calcium works better for me than magnesium alone.

PMS and menstruation are definitely worse without the multivitamin so I may try to take B-Complex by itself and see if I can tolerate it.

I'm posting this because this is a huge discovery for me. I've decided to reexamine what I'm taking for treatment every six months or so because it seems the body and the symptoms are continuously changing.

A friend's migraines disappeared after discontinuing the multivitamins. Niacin was thought to be the culprit for him.

Multivitamins... user beware.
  2. FriendonthePath

FriendonthePath New Member

Thanks for your response.

How would you know if you had a problem with vitamin C?
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

that contain "liver powder" in them--my dr. says it will make my fibro worse.

Also I have to be careful not to take a vitamin too high in iron.
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Even though magnesium and calcium are both necessary, they should not be taken together as they inhibit eachother's absorption.

A good mag is fully reacted. It's also good to take it with aspartate as that aids in it's absoption. A good option is a potassium/mag/aspartate combination. They sell them at GNC and several other stores.

Good luck,

Sofi