Personal question for the ladies on the board, pls help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phoebe1, May 11, 2006.

1. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

It has taken me a long time to get the courage to actually post this question and I still feel embarrased about it, but from past experience I know that I won't be judged by the people on this board.

Ok here goes, I have been having a weird vaginal secretion for the last 6+ months, I used some vaginal suppositories but it didn't go away, then I went to my gynae who did a vaginal swab and when I phoned back for my results I was told that there is absolutely nothing wrong with me.
    Last month I went to another gynae for a second opinion and was told exactly the same thing, that everything is normal.
    I sometimes have to go to the bathroom to wipe myself, it can get very uncomfortable.

How can this be normal, is it a fibro thing?
    It really bothers me, does anyone else have this problem?

Phoebe
  2. Strawberry94

Strawberry94 New Member

I have read that allergies can increase vaginal secretions just like the nasal ones.

When I take expectorants for my sinuses, I get more vagninal secretions, but then I normally have a problem with too much dryness.
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Gardnerella has a thin, watery discharge, and most docs will only recognize it if it has a foul odour, which the textbooks say it does. But I was very prone to it in my early 20's, and docs would miss it sometimes, esp. given I have little odour w/ it that a doc would notice, only I knew there was a slight difference. It will show up on tests as elevated gardnerella counts, but some docs will dismiss that.

What kind of vaginal suppositories did you use for it? If they were geared for yeast infection, then that wouldn't have treated it. Gardnerella is treated by docs w/ rx Flagyl, which is antibiotic, not antifungal as a yeast rx is, but yogurt or a probiotic capsule works fine on both types of bacteria. So try that for at least 3 days, and you will probably notice a difference.

Jeanne
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

...I think our hormones are all out of whack. If so, it could just be a normal discharge gone haywire.

Marta
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Do you mind if I ask your age?It sounds like hormones to me also.I also had a reaction to meds for yeast infections years ago I got sick from the Perscription.Could it be a reaction from something you are taking?Have you changed your diet?Are you stressed more then normal?Also remember dont ever be embarrased because your questions will probably help someone else on this board also.Let us know what you find out
  6. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I have had a discharge for years. It is white or light-colored, and has no smell. It's not noticed when my "friend" is here...only during my 3 "free" weeks.

I went to the doctor when it first started (I was about 41-42 years old at the time) and all the tests came back negative. So they did them again. Still negative. Seems I have "perimenopausal discharge". Nothing is wrong. It's just there.

You're still pretty young (I'm almost 47) to have that, but if our hormones are out of whack, maybe it's possible. It's annoying because I have to wear a pad all the time now.

Ask your doc if that could be a possibility.

God Bless.
  7. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Strange discharge for as long as I can remember. I'm 26 for reference and I have had this since I was 16 or so. It's usually white and if it changes, then I worry. But my gyno (who is an excellent and very trustworthy doc) told me not to worry, it's just the way my body is. It comes and goes and is usually more as my period gets closer, nice little warning system.

If you have had it checked out by 2 gyno's and they say nothing is wrong, I wouldn't worry too much. The only annoying thing for me is having to wear a panty liner but I've just gotten used to it. Some women just have discharge, or atleast that is what I have been told and have read in many medical journals and magazines.

Of course if it includes dryness and is uncomfortable (other than the annoyance) then maybe there is a problem. But for me, it's just the discharge, it doesn't affect anything else for me.

hugs,
    Shananegans
  8. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Thank you for all the replies, Strawberry it is very interesting that you mentioned allergies, I have lots of those but never thought the 2 might be connected.

Jeanne, it is not a thin watery discharge, it is actually thick and sometimes slimy. And if it is gardnerella, where would I have gotten it from? I used clotrimazole supps.
    Carebelle, I'm 27, but I do think my hormones are out of whack. I've been on the pill for 10 years now, initially for my skin because I suffered from acne and then because my period was very irregular and painful and now that I'm married for birth control.

What bothers me is that I itch a little bit sometimes, but maybe it's just because I'm irritated due to the wetness. I'm not sure where to go from here, should I accept my "diagnosis" that there is nothing wrong with me and live with this for who knows how long or is there something else I can do?
    I eat yogurt everyday and use a probiotic.

Hugs
    Phoebe

[This Message was Edited on 05/15/2006]
  9. Strawberry94

Strawberry94 New Member

I used to have terrible itching and pain in my vulva area until I changed to using non-detergent soap (currently using Planet brand gentle fabric wash) to wash my underwear and I rinse them twice. I also only use nonsoap, natural cleanser in the bath.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/15/2006]