Personal recommendations for a Dr in So Calif....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Feb 20, 2007.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I know there is a Dr referral link within our board here,

but I want to know if any of you have a personal recommendation for a DR in So Calif, Iam looking into areas like Irvine, Los Angeles, really Iam open to most areas if the recommendation is good enough, and the care I receive will be quality and compassionate toward MY health and well being.

Thanks to any of you who help me out here.
    Hugs
    Doxy
  2. gumama

gumama New Member

May i ask of your looking for a Rheum or a regular MD..????? you don't say what town you live in, but by the area's your looking in it sounds like your in the Orange County area.

If you are and your looking for a GOOD Rheum.... Dr Nancy Godfrey in Long Beach is excellent.

She is the one who diagnosed my HUSBAND with Lupus.... her reputation proceeded her and she has not fallen short of that at all.

We drive 160 miles round trip to see her every 3 months... she is also the Dr that my Daughter and I have.. I have the HLA B27 gene. and that prodeces my Fibro.... I never even knew I had it..

She will do consults over the phone once you become a patient all I can say about her is she is Fabulous.. I don't however know if she's taking any new patients.. but you could call her office and ask her to refere you to someone close to you

gumama
  3. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

How are you feeling today sweetie?

Are you feeling any better?

I was reading your post about being so weak it was hard to eat a cracker...........and it is interesting to me that your blood pressure seems to improve when they take your blood pressure.

BUT......I believe what your saying is TRUE TRUE TRUE......this dd is so wierd and the complications it imposes in our lives is so complex to understand!

Iam sure there is a medical explanation why taking your blood pressure ( the pressure from the cuff ) DOES make you feel better! Now...........if we can only figure out why?

I do thank you for your help......thank you for sending me the mold lawyer website, and for the kind and warm posts you have sent me here on the board XO :)

I think the idea you had for calling poison control is BRILLIANT! and Iam going to start exactly there!

Let me know how your feeling ok............

Love and hugs
    Doxy