personal victory

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by snooker11, Jun 3, 2006.

1. snooker11

snooker11 New Member

so i started going back to the gym. i thought I would never do it again after the fibro, but lately I've been feeling good enough and I wanted to try it. Suprisingly, it seems to really help with my pain levels. I've been doing 25 minutes on the elliptical and it's complete hell while I'm doing it (legs tired, sweating buckets) , but I've definitely noticed a decrease in pain levels - especially in my upper back/neck area. And it also doesn't hurt the day after. I used to be comepletely destroyed the day after I would push myself just a little bit. Anyway, just wanted to share a moment of personal victory. I can't believe I could go back to the gym and do a normal workout. it's completely blowing my mind!! yay!!!
  2. lucy1953

lucy1953 New Member

I bought a treadmill 10 days ago. I too had not exercised in a long time due to sciatica, back problems and the worry of being too sore. I am walking on the treadmill for a min. of 30 min per day and also taking the dog for a 20 min walk every evening. I usually spend my lunch hour walking through the local mall. I had gained 25 pounds since quitting smoking and being inactive. So far I have lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks by exercising and cutting the sweets. I think it motivates me and makes me feel pround of my accomplishment
  3. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I am very proud of all of you!! It is a big step forward! I just wish the exercising wasn't painful for me. Maybe I will try again when I don't hurt as much....

Congrats to all!

Dawn
  4. diva42597

diva42597 New Member

I am big on exercising also because I find that it DOES help my pain levels overall. It's a wonderful accomplishment that you can be proud of! Keep it up!