Perverted Doctors

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Aug 22, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hi all--

I just thought I would bring this up because it happened to me with a dentist once and has haunted me since.

The doctor was removing plaque from my mouth and I had my arms on the dental chair.

Well: he rubbed his privates against my hand once and I thought--coincidence.

The he did it a second time: I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

The third time I though: Oh, no. God, this can not be happening.

Well: there was a fourth time and I could tell he was 'aroused'.

I said I had to get out of the chair. He asked me why.
    I did not say anything. As I was leaving the dental area he asked where I was going. I said 'home'.

That he never answered. I got my coat and walked out.

I was shocked. Nothing like that ever happened to me before. Maybe I should have reported him to someone, but how could I really explain it.

Only I knew: it was no coincidence.

Any one else have a perverted doctor/dentist, whatever?

nyrofan
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2006]
  2. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

Had a obgyn who wanted to know the intimate details of my sex life. He was pretty old, so just wrote it off as an old guy getting his jollies.

He was otherwise an excellent doctor. Wish he were alive today.
  3. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

He had his crotch up against my knee as I sat on the examining table. Yet, he is a well-known dr here and I tell my story and nobody else seems to have experienced this from him. He had to have done it before. Unless, it was innocent. .......how can that be?!

When I was about 11, I was molested by an xray technician, but didn't know that it was inappropriate behavior until I was an adult and had another chest xray! I was groped by the technician. He asked me to hold my arms out and the gown was not tied.

I get so p----d off when I think about it today, taking advantage of a child who just went through a major car accident!

4. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

After he examined me and we went back to his desk, he said something about my husband being a lucky man, how tight I was??????!!!!!! I wasn't sure I heard him correctly, as he was Chinese.

I think that's inappropriate!
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

should be reported to the state board that issues the medical license.

Even if there is no immediate reaction by the state, after several complaints are filed, action will be (or should be) taken.

And of course it will be on record if a lawsuit is ever filed.

I realize it's hard to do much of anything when we have chronic illnesses. There are lots of things I should be doing too but can't summon up the energy.
  6. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

Esp. since nobody else ever complained as far as I know.

I was a child with the one episode. Nobody would've believed me anyway............
  7. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Nobody else complained- like you? And yes, people DO believe if you tell, keep telling til someone listens.

I am a big advocate on this (amateur) since I have severe PTSD from child molestation among other things.

I am just saying this for others to hear, as I understand this happend some years ago?

Sending millions of hugs to you!
  8. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I went with hubby to his doctor the other day and his doc was saying perverted things to me but in front of us both.

This is the second time he has done this.

carolin
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Don't think I've ever been touched inappropriately, but being oggled the way I was once seems almost as bad when its coming from a doctor. Esp. a shrink who you really need to feel comfy and be able to open up to about personal things. At least he had no reason to touch me.

this was a Haitian man and it seemed clear he objectified women in all ways. this was an important visit because I needed his depression dx for my disability filing, which I did get. But I could barely understand his accent, and I was so uncomfortable w/ the slimy way he barely looked at my face. It was a heatwave and I was wearing cute shorts, but felt more naked.

I told my GP I wasn't going back and why, but he talked me into it becuase it was so important for my case. That doc helped me so much w/ my case and was such a huge support that I listened. He said wear overalls if you have to, SO i DID, for every visit.

Jeanne
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

lena...

It has been many years now and too late to report it.
    I think.

I told a girlfriend about it back then and we discussed it and we decided he could easily get out of it.

Now, you are right. Had I done something then, a watch could have been put on him or something could have been done.

All I can say is that now that I am older and wiser I would not even hesitate making a phone call to authorities.

thank you for your care (and interesting stories by others who have had these horrible things happen).

Maybe these things are more widespread than even we know.

nyrofan
  11. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Why can't some people evolve above their animal instinct? It's beyond my understanding.

Hey, a small belly tickler for some of you; repeat child molesters in Sweden have to sign a form saying that they have to spend their lives locked up- or (get this) getting castrated if they want to come out after their time is up!!

LOL!
  12. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

It was a doctor but I was not his patient. I was his banker. He was married. He always wanted to talk about my personal life and how my hubby was not good enough for me. He asked what my favorite wine was and purchased it and asked me for months to come see him.

I always wondered who he drank the wine with!
  13. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sara:

I know what you mean. At my age he probably would have nothing to do with me. Years ago (when it happen) I was younger, but still somewhat wiser as to what the (^#$% was doing to me.

nyrofan
  14. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

nyrofan,

It wasn't me, it was my youngest sister and it wasn't a doctor it was a hair dresser.

I'm 54 and my sister is 40. Thirty years ago on her tenth birthday I took my sister to have her hair done. I took her to the hair dresser I used.

She was sitting in the chair with her hands on the arms. She started looking at me sort of like a deer in the headlights. I looked over and saw what was going on.

I got up and went over to her side and told the stylist very sweetly with a smile on my face he was doing a really good job on her hair. He stood really still so I wouldn't see what was going on. I reached over very quickly and pinched the s**t out of his penis. He screamed loudly and limped towards the back.

Every one in the salon just died laughing and the look on my sisters face was worth possibly going to jail. I then asked the female stylists if one of them would finish my sisters hair. They all spoke up and said they would. I suppose they knew what he was up to.

The lady who finished her hair was given a very LARGE tip and a tip to give to the pervert, "Try it again MF".

I told my sister if a man ever tried something like that again to kick him or if she couldn't kick to pinch and pinch hard.

We then went to an ice cream parlor and had a pretty nice day. I had to really talk to her later about it.

I JUST wish I had also called the police.

To this day she still talks about it with no guilt and about how I had "saved" her.

Dee
  15. I had forgotten this, it was years ago. I went to a chiropracter. He wanted to xray and gave me a gown and he told me to take everything off. I repeated everything, even underware? He says yes. So I did. Then he had me put my hands up and my gown opens in the back and I mean it exposed my butt, and I went to grab and he says your okay AS HE"s STANDING BEHIND ME! I NEVER went back to him. PERVERT !
  16. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

struck me as bizarre, but when he started asking me about my gynecologist, I knew I was right. It had nothing to do with my ears or throat. He had taken out my tonsils and I was 18. I had never even had sex. After he asked the weird questions, I never went back. I ran into someone that had worked for him (he moved from the area). I said I thought he was strange. She said that was an understatement. I guess I was lucky he only asked about things.
  17. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Yep...me too but mine was a dentist.

Our childhood dentist had his liscense taken away so in late high school we started with a new dentist with all the latest equipment.

Anyway, I was about the size of a stick with great big 32 ALMOST A's size boobs and this dentist no matter what, found them each time he wiped an instrument on the paper cloth bib thing. (With me laying down!!!!!!)

Hell, I couldn't even find them...

Yuck, his hands were always on them...in fact, I just got the creepy crawlies just thinking about it.

Yet, my Mom and sister continued to go to him throughout the years and my sister even took her daughter to him.

So, years later (after avoiding the dentists for years) I went to my ex-sister-in law who was now a dentist and asked her about it. She was trying to be very careful about it and promised to make note of it so she'd never make someone feel that way.

But she also said it was almost impossible to wipe there unless it was done on purpose.

Hugs all,

Nancy B.

PS...Even now I have a broken tooth in the back and still hesitate to get an appt. I just hate going to the dentist.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2006]
  18. My sons girlfriend at the time used to go to a tanning place. They found out the owner had a hole in the wall and camera and took pictures of women undressing. They had a lawsuit but it was dropped and as far as I know nothing ever came of it. Disgusting people out there.
  19. kriket

kriket New Member

I had a similar experience too. It was an obgyn. Talk about feeling like your rights have been violated. I'm sure it's bad enough with a reg. doctor, but an obgyn, well geeze he's seen it all.

In my book he was nothing but a creep. I later got a letter that his license had been pulled from him. Thank-God!!!!! CREEP!!!!

Kriket