Pet insurance? I read a post where someone was

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Sep 11, 2005.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

very upset about her pet being sick - can't find it now. I just got a new pet and was wondering if anyone has had experience with pet insurance. Is it worth it, where did you get it?
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I really couldn't say but I went into my magazines that I have and I found an ad for a pet health care plan. I don't know if I can do this or not but the web address for this particular place is www.petshealthplan.com. I didn't check it out so you would need to really look it over:)

Hope this helps!
    Kelly
  3. ansel

ansel New Member

I have my dogs signed up with PetsMart. My new puppy who is now 4 months old has been seen three times already for her shots, etc. It cost me about $100 to sign her up and about $15 a month, which is taken out of my checking account, and it covers all her puppy shots, worming, exams and takes a percentage off any drugs she needs. The initial sign up period is for a year and you can renew it after that if you want (it gets cheaper). It will even cover her spaying if thats the plan you choose. I have found them to be very good and you don't have to wait for an appt. you can just walk in.
    Ansel
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I always have a pet or two. I looked into the insurance,and I found that it wasn't for me, because it didn't cover the illnesses that I felt needed to be covered, and I found it expensive.

I think, unless you have a breed of dog that is really prone to a specific illness, and they will be covered (such a Golden Retrievers and cancer, and Collies and bindness, German Shepherds and hip dysplasia), it would not be cost effective.

Also, It seems that many animal insurance companies go out of business really soon.

That was a while back, though. Things might have changed.
    Good luck,
    Terry