Pet peeves with the Boards' posters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaltair, Jun 12, 2007.

1. jaltair

jaltair New Member

It totally drives me nuts to have to read a post that is like a book with so much info that my mind goes totally "limp!"

Why this when some of us have so much brain fog we can only comprehend simple things? Especially when we already have brain fatigue after a day's work. I do better with short, informative types of posts.

Anyone else feel this way?

~ Just grumbling tonight sorry / have had a bad "flare" type of day.

2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I definately do understand what your saying that's for sure!

I know sometimes my posts are long.....but I always want an honest opinion and I feel if I tell most of the important facts that I will get more honest and accurate support......

However................I do always try to make a point of breaking up my posts, so they don't "appear" so overwhelming and or confusing.

Isn't it funny how just by breaking up posts makes it not seem so draining?

I will admit there have been times when I have started reading a very long bunched together post and gave up because my fibro mind couldn't handle it;)

I get your point Jeanette and I have a strong feeling that you and I are not the only one's that feel this way:)

No offense intended to any of my sweet and precious family members here!

3. dinilaa

dinilaa New Member

I feel the same way. Having said that, I am guilty of long posts on fog free days.

WHen I am in a fog, I dont read long posts. Note those that I am interested in and come back and read them when I can.

No big deal.
  4. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I'm glad to hear others have the same or similar problem reading through posts that are long and not broken up. I think that's what I meant most - if they are broken up it does make it much easier to read.

Didn't mean to offend anyone by the post. Sometimes I feel just plain stupid or as though I know absolutely nothing when I start reading posts that really go into detail (yes, the FMS / CFS Board is like that sometimes), aren't broken up, and my mind has a "brain fart!" LittleBluestem, that's a good idea! Copy and save it in Word to read later, I mean.

Think the fog is what I hate most, maybe the pain isn't so great either ... or the fatigue. This AM can't think too straight as I didn't sleep well and was up too early for me. Have to be at work today, can't call in. Can't even write straight right now ...

Thank you all for the support and kind words, and I hope everyone has a good and pain-free day.

L, Jeannette ;<)
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Jeannette. I don't care how long a post is, but as you and Doxy point out, frequent paragraphs make a post more readable.

Generally speaking, I think the people who post here should all get gold medals from somebody or maybe some organization.

In spite of all our aches and pains and brain fog and problems, we are caring, funny, compassionate, helpful, and encouraging.

Good going, gang.

6. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

For some reason, all caps drives me up the wall as well. I don't even try to read them.

Two other problems I have:

Feels like somebody is screaming and pounding their fists.

7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Posts that are completely ignored.

I had never been to the Alzheimer board and need help because my Mom is coming back from Virginia and going into assisted living. After 24 hours with no response I deleted it.

On this board and usually on the FM board people respond and I love you guys!!

Smile on purpose!
  8. caffey

caffey New Member

I have trouble reading long anything on the computer not just posts. I have to print them off to read them and then in sections. I like someone's idea of copying and pasting and putting there somewhere( now if I could remember where)lol.
  9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Yes, it is very hard when someone posts a very desperate letter I can't read. I try to get through it 5-6 times and give up frustrated.

I usually go back and ask them to please break the post into paragraphs but it never happens. Some people are so upset when they don't get alot of response but this is one reason.

My other pet peeve is when people post a desperate message and get 20 responses and they never come back to acknowledge they even read them.

That to me is worse than the long letters. Many of us have a hard time posting - it can take 1 hour for me to think and give a the best answer I can sometimes. Then, I come back and the person never came back.

There really is no excuse. They can check the box to be notified to responses, or can just go back to their own posts and look at responses. I guess you could call all of this "board etiquette".

Okay, one last one.... When someone does not agree with a member and gets nasty. If someone feels that angry they should ignore the post.

We may not always agree with everyone but as my parents always told me, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything.

This is a "support" board. We have no idea what others are going through in their lives so why judge.
  10. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

I am guilty of typing in cap letters thought it be easier,but, not anymore....

I too cant read long posts, books or anything else, cant focus or absorb

I try and read and scan mostly prob losing the best thing in the post.

Thanks for this post

Amgel hugs
  11. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi jaltair,

I think this is a very useful thread. Gives good information to posters who often don't know how difficult things can be for readers.

Another point I'd like to make - dissing. Sometimes people will find something that works well for them, and generously decide to share it with others.

Instead of a responder politely disagreeing or gently expressing reservations, they will reply with a blatant diss. Something like, "scam", "snakeoil", "never had it", etc.
    Just showed up again today on the CFS/FM board. Incredibly disrespectful.

Regards, Wayne
    [This Message was Edited on 06/16/2007]