Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IlivetocantoronXena, May 25, 2006.

1. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

I posted this subject on the Ra board, it was a very popular subject lol.

What are your pet peeves with living with fibro/cfs?
    I have many and I am very interested in your input.
    I would have to say the thing that gets me the most is:
    Family and friends not understanding this devastating illness. Why does it take a horrible DX such as Cancer or liver disease to get them to understand how bad fibro is?
    They called the invisible illness, Oh You and the line: YOU LOOK GOOD, while inside you are falling apart from pain day in day out 24/7. OK I am off my soap box.Next
    Please vent…..
    Blessings,
    Michelle
  2. valleyann

valleyann New Member

One of my biggest pet peeves about having this disease is that some "high maintenance friends" that don't understand about the disease and why I might possibly not want to come out and party all the time.

One thing is forsure, having this disease is sure weeding out friends that don't really truly care about me...it's upseting but I think in the long run I'd rather not have friends like that anyways.

Valleyann
  3. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I have many.

Like the fact they call it an invisible illness.
    Well when I sit on the ground and try to get up and walk. That is not invisible.

When I am so very fatigued and lay on the couch for days that is not invisible.

When I am all hunched over and in pain well that is not invisible either!!!

Tracy
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Michelle:
    My pet peeve is...............a draw a blank. I must have the right doctors now. (It took years to find them).

Good news for me.

nyrofan
  5. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Other than the ones mention above me, I have to say I get irritated when driving my car, and it seems that everyone else that is driving is to busy talking on their cell phones instead of paying attention to their driving.

I've been run off the road because of this not to mention the people who is swerving and cutting across lanes and running red lights just to name a few. All because they are either text messaging or talking away.. Some are even looking thru the phone book while driving, looking for that next call.

I drove for a living and you wouldn't believe the things I have seen over the years and decades. It's gotten worse since the cell phone has become so popular..You should see what triple A and Geico says about this subject, and they're looking at it from a safety issue. So am I.

This could also be from having fibro, cfs, & sleep apnea. Maybe I'm just not as patient as I use to be. Irritation is one of the symptoms which might make things a little worse..