petachiae? red rashes? anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lastormer, Mar 4, 2007.

1. lastormer

lastormer New Member

I just recently noticed on my arm a red rash. I called a friend of mine that is a nurse and when looking at it said it looked like petachaie, which is pin like red dotted rash..little blood vessels under the skin that has burst. This petachiae was on the back of my hand and lower top of my right arm. Anyone ever get this also?

Have a Great Day
    Rachael
    [This Message was Edited on 03/05/2007]
  2. lastormer

lastormer New Member

3. lastormer

lastormer New Member

4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Yes I have this! Pretty isn't it??? I have been on blod thinners for 2 years (for a clot in my lungs) and I noticed this started happening about 6 months ago. My Rheumy basically said there is nothing they do about it. I have to let him know if they are growing in size. That has not happened yet.

I guess I would say not to worry too much about it. It is a bit scary though seeing all of theses red dots all over and not knowing why.... My body always plays these cruel jokes on me and I am always left baffled (as well as the docs sometimes).

I have them all over my torso and a litte on my legs. Let me know if you find out anything else.

Hugs
    Kim
  5. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I have a rash on my legs that really only appears after my shower. Sometimes it is only on the inside of my knees and other times it extends almost to my ankles.

Mine isn't really visable at other times though. I finally remembered to take pictures today so I can show my PCP.

I'm sure it will mean nothing.

Shar
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Yup! My hand is raised! Get um all the time - Especially on my abdomen. I had my dermie check them and she said not to worry about them.
  7. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Shar - I get that same rash after gettign out of the shower, so if you find out what it is, please let us know.

This doesn't even look like a rash (the pettachia - sp). It looks like someone took a sewing needle and poked you all over. It looks as if it bled a bit and dried. It is really weird. Most of mine are pin pricks and some a little bigger. Very Odd.

Hugs
    Kim
  8. MsE

MsE New Member

I once that this condition on my legs and went to the doctor. It was so bad that he called in another doc to take a look. Together they decided to have me checked for leukemia and a couple of other things. Tests showed no problems.

Then, a few days later, a friend told me to start taking Vitamin E. Said it strengthened leaky blood vessels. I figured, "Well, why not?" and bought some E and started taking it. The little red dots disappeared within three days and never returned.
  9. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I have them, my husband has them and my daughter has them, those little red dots. Had them forever it seems. I have them under my breasts, on my hips, on my arms. Went to the dermetologist and he said "Forget about them"!
  10. lastormer

lastormer New Member

I started taking Grap seed extract along with alot of other supps. I did some research and they say that you should not take anything along with grape seed that may thin your blood as Grape seed has this effect on the blood. I took the Grape seed and then that night I noticed the rash on my left hand and lower arm...sooo with the input you guys gave me, I think I'm pretty calm about it now...

Hope you all have a wonderful Day!!
    Rachael
  11. darude

darude New Member

all over abdomen