Petechiae Hemorrages

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Evadyl, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Evadyl

Evadyl New Member

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has ever suffered from these. I have had them all my face a few times and also from time to time they will appear on my body (arms,neck and torso). When I first presented with them on my face they initially though I might be epileptic and they could be the result of me having had a seizure in my sleep but this was discounted after I had the relevant testing. They can look quite alarming but my current doctor insists that they are nothing although I'm not so sure myself.

I was just curious to know if anyone else has ever noticed these. For anyone who doesn't know what they are, they are little pinprick blood spots under the skin. It was the doctor who gave me the above medical term for them.

Anyway hope everyone is as well as possible today

Take care

Love Evadyl
  2. Txslady

Txslady New Member

on the inside of my upper arms and on the lower abdomen. My doc tols me the same thing, nothing to worry about. I have had them for about 10 years and I am not dead so I guess they are no big deal. not sure why they started showing up either.

Shannon
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I have gotten them for years as a reaction to sunlight. I tried to explain them to friends, docs and no one knew what I was talking about.

But if I'm in the sun I get a fine misting of tiny red dots all over me (legs, arms, anywhere). From a distance I just look a little sunburned but up close they are dots.

Is this similar to what you're describing?

I have read that it is a sympt of lupus and possibly other autoimmune dz. I strongly believe from my list of sx that I have an autimmune dz. I have yet to be dx w/ one.

Sofi
  4. tngirl

tngirl New Member

The only time that I have had them was during child birth and if I throw up I usually get them on my face.