Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jewels920, Nov 15, 2007.

1. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

So, I was sitting on my bed having a good cry. Part frustration, part pain, part mad at the world, and who knows what else.

My sweet baby kitty jumped up onto the bed with one of her toys in her mouth. She put the toy in my lap, then went to go lay down in her bed. Obviously, it was a gift to make mom feel better.

2. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

funny...if I'm having a bad day (emotionally) not one human in the house notices I'm on the verge of crying...the animals...stare at me with concern and want to cuddle.

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

pets can read our emotions really well and are very sympathetic.

We who have pets are very lucky.

4. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I am still searching for a new one. Mine passed away three weeks ago. He ran into the road. I still have the house cat named Gabriel. He and Chance used to pick on each other.
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

How kind your kitty is. Pets are like that, even the self-centered cats. My Felix hangs around when I'm down...and I am so glad he's right by my side most of the day.

My husband is very good and very understanding, so I have the best of both worlds.

[This Message was Edited on 11/27/2007]
  6. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

When I cry,my Cuddle Bear(see profile photo) jumps in my lap and kisses me until I laugh,he just licks and licks! Also if I am having a bad day or my heart pain is bad he will stay right with me as if to keep an eye on me. I think he knows my biorhythms.
    He also sometimes wil bring a toy to me or his chew stick as an offering,he is a great therapy dog!

[This Message was Edited on 11/16/2007]
  7. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

I'm normally not an avid dog person--don't dislike them by any means--just more attracted to kitty kats.

But I FELL IN LOVE with Cuddle Bear!!! What a sweet face!

Blessings to you.

8. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

My cuddle Bear does me a world of good,he is very unique and very well behaved. I adopted a feral kitty,he comes to my door and I feed him. He stays near my porch most of the time. (I am allergic to cats and large dogs.)
    Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.
  9. Catseye

Catseye Member

I had dengue fever in Oct and had to go to the hospital for a few days. When I came home, my orange cat, Cleo, was lying up against my legs during the day and sleeping on them at night. She usually doesn't like to be touched. That was nice for a while. Of course, that only lasted until I wasn't sick anymore and now she's back to her own standoffish self. The newer kitty, Kali, was all over me but she is much more affectionate, anyway. The dog was his same 'ole slobbering self.

Hey SPR30, I used to be frantically allergic to cats until I gave up dairy, then all my sinus problems and hay fever disappeared. It took about 2-3 months to get all the milk, cheese and yogurt out of my system, but it's worth it. Now I can play with the cats. Have you looked into this? It's not a dairy allergy, it's the casein - it makes your immune system hypersensitive to other allergens like cats and pollen. So it wouldn't show up on testing. I got the tip while net surfing one day and decided to try it. But I was pretty bad off, always taking cold medicine and couldn't hardly touch my animals without sneezing, always having to run and wash my hands if I did touch them. And if I touched my nose or my eyes before I washed . . . ahhh!

When I moved to the Dominican Republic, I had a chance to get raw milk and had heard that it would maybe be better for sinus problems because the real problem with the casein is the pasteurization and homogenization. So I used the raw milk and didn't sneeze. Problem was, the casein is still doing horrible things to my body because of the cfs - I think it's responsible for lactic acid buildup and too much fat for my liver, etc. When I get over it, I may try raw milk again. Just some FYI.

10. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

How sweet of Cleo. You can really tell they know how we're feeling when they're usually aloof, but want to snuggle when something's wrong.

My mom is in poor health and getting up in years and she has two cats she's absolutely silly about (like I am with my one kitty). We have long conversations about their antics.

She's worried about becoming (more) disabled and asked me if she could please keep her cats...I knew what she was really asking me and I told her, "Of course." I guess she wanted assurance that she wouldn't have to give up her cats because she may not live a long time.

Pets are so important to so many of us.