Pews at church so uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by EllenComstock, Feb 19, 2006.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

The pews at my church are wood so I've been bringing two cushions with me-one to sit on and one for my back, but it's still not that comfortable. Anyone have any suggestions for pillows or cushions they have used that work? I would really hate to give up going, but it's hard to get much out of the service when I am hurting so much.

Thanks.

Ellen
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Its great you still go to church..Maybe I am using this as an excuse but I don't go unless I am having a good day..If not I stay home..Its not only the uncomfortable pews but the colone that people wear.. Out pews are cushioned so I have no excuse..

Do you have a folding chair that is more comfortable that you could take..sorry I am of no help just admire you for going..

God Bless,
    greatgran
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Thanks for the replies. I have to admit I only go half of the time now. I have considered bringing in a folding cushioned chair, but not sure if I have the strength to carry it in! (my husband doesn't always go with me) The eggcrate cushion is a good idea. I will have to check this out. My cushion might just be getting a little flat from me using it so much.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ellen

4. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

Please continue to pray for us who nolonger sit in
    God's house.. I cant go to movies or ride in the car for long trips either. At home, I go from one end of the sofa to the other and then to the recliner. All day and evening. Im sitting here now(too LOng ) and my entire left leg has been numb for 30 minutes.. I wouldnt recommend getting up and trying to walk right away. I havent found anything that helpsl

Suzette