pfeiffer rx center?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simonedb, Aug 8, 2008.

1. simonedb

simonedb Member

Has anyone gone here? It seems to be designed mostly for kids/adults with behavioral/psych dx yet the approach it takes,analyzing needed nutrients, orthomolecular medicine and looking at whether too much or not enough histamine as a core etc seems like it is relevent for a lot of illnesses, obviously cfs/fm. So I am wondering if anyone has been able to go there without a heavy duty psych dx and how the rx went? It ties into methylation and detox and I am wondering what processes they use to figure out people's nutritional needs.
  2. simonedb

simonedb Member

b boys n girls
  3. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

hey simone
    i went there last march. for cfs. i have had depr but cfs is a muuch bigger problem for me. im 38 by the way. blood tests showed too much histamine. i take their compounded supps. and yes this all ties into methylation. to my suprize--- i am actually doing better. !!!!!! i have some other posts about this. i am glad i went.

bigmama2
  4. simonedb

simonedb Member

did you go in illinois? this is exciting. so I don't have to say I am a complete head case to go (not that I'm not, but you know, sensitive about that haha) I can say a little depression and anxiety from cfids/fm and get an appt? I will search your posts soon.
    I suspect I have too much histamine as benadryl has been alifesaver for me at times. The only thing that doesnt really fit about that though is the hair, I think I have a pretty thick sexy head o hair and if I recall right losing hair is sign of high histamine? I also never had a high toleranace to booze and I read somewhere thats part of high histamine. But I imagine its not the same for everyone, I did read that high histamine might like ssris but not be able to tolerate them and I sure can't tolerate them, but about ten years ago I did do well for a couple years on low dose of snri but those days are gone.
    anyway, I was impressed how they sound like they tie in a lot of the nutritional approaches that sound best to me.
  5. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

i went to their outpost clinic in annapolis md. they go there once or twice a year. before i went they told me they dont really treat cfs but i decided to go anyways, out of desperation. mostly that day at clinic the patients were kids w behaviouial problems etc. you totally dont hav e to be a major head case to go the PTC. so dont worry. please note that i am not saying that they have "the cure" for cfs. but i am doing better without a doubt. something in their supplements is helping me. see my other posts for a list of the ingredients. as far as i can guess, it does seem to be related to the whole methylation thing.

good luck
    bm2
  6. simonedb

simonedb Member

I have been doing a bunch of research on this stuff and it seems like working on helping detox/methylation is part of dealing with high or low histamine, but with high histamine it sounds like avoiding the folic acid and b-12 is rec'd cus they increase histamine---so we would need to taylor the simplified protocol or any plan based on individual needs/tests.
    (if pfeiffer is correct)
    I can't figure out about the sulphur though, cus as i posted in another thread about pfeiffer, cutler, detox etc I think perhaps I should avoid extra sulphur, yet high histamine calls for methionine, increasing sulphur, I think, so not sure how to reconcile that. think i need to get more tests and fine tune what to do more.