PH Fibro Energy Formula, I have questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Toga, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Toga

Toga Member

Hi everyone,

Haven't been posting for a while. Having trouble getting used to new format. But I have been lurking and reading ;-) I read, with interest, threads on ProHealth's Fibro Energy. I don't remember if it was on this board or the Chit Chat Board.

Anyway, I ordered some. It arrived today and I cannot tell how to take it. It says take 3 capsules daily. I don't know whether that means take 3 capsules once a day or 1 capsule 3 times a day.

If any of you have used this could you tell me how you did so? I really need some more energy. Its been especially bad since we are having cooler weather. And with the holidays coming, I would love to have the strength to take part more.

Thanks for any help.

2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I am glad to hear of someone else taking this and hope it helps you as much as it has helped me. I take 3 in the morning, which is how I take it when it says "serving size 3", but don't take it on an empty stomach. If I take it on an empty stomach, it gives me HORRIBLE heartburn.

I eat some, then take one, then eat some more, take another, eat some more, then take the 3rd. This works well with cereal or oatmeal. Please post as to how you get on with it. I know what works for some, doen't work for all, but it has made a HUGE difference in how I feel and not much works for my fatigue, but this really does.
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

I just looked it up, those are excellent ingredients for energy. You don't want to take it all at once, space it out - take with breakfast, lunch and dinner. The dosages aren't too high, either, so if it was working really great for me, I'd even take a couple extra every day. Some of the ingredients (carnitine, magnesium, malic acid and coq10) I use in much larger doses every day. The ribose does seem a bit low, just 50 mg. I was taking 5 grams in the mornings a long time ago.

They wouldn't hurt you on an empty stomach, you could try it that way, too. Sometimes you take things either on an empty stomach or with food, depending, because they will be better absorbed. But this has a mix of ingredients that all don't fall in one or the other category so feel free to experiment. B vitamins may keep some people awake at night so if you find that happening, take your last dose in the late afternoon.

At my worst, I was taking some of these ingredients in the middle of the night, even, because my mornings were really hell and it helped to have some of these things in my bloodstream constantly. I used to call it "midnight pilling" but I don't have to do that anymore, thank heavens!
  4. Toga

Toga Member

Thanks so much for your replies Lvjesus and Catseye. Does anyone want to break the tie? ;-)

At this point, I guess I'll try it both ways and see which works best. I will let you all know how it works for me. I just hope it works. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

love, Toga
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Yes, let us know. I would not recommend the empty stomach method though. Maybe it would not be so bad with only one pill. I think I will keep up the once a day method because it works well for me and I have a hard time remembering to take pills in the middle of the day.

I want to get the FibroSleep too.