PH sells (or sold) collar to apply heat and cold to painful neck, shoulder areas.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Granniluvsu, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

What I the name of it ?. I have one somewhere and I can't remember the name as my daughter is starting with some of the same symptoms.

Would like to get the info for her so she can order one. Poor kid ( 45) is starting probably about the same time I did. She has enough of stress in her life. Her son has some autism and other maladies, and she's working of course, etc. etc.

Hope someone can help me. I tried just looking in the store and had no luck. I know it must be there but need the name.

Thanks in advance.

Hugz,
    Granni :)
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Granni: I think I know the collar you're looking for. But what I use and much less cheap......a rice sock filled with about 2 lbs. cheap white rice, sew up the end and heat in microwave. For the cold I have 8 of those 3x7 gel filled packs you can buy at CVS, kept in the freezer. I pop one into a knee hi sock and wrap around my neck or wherever. In bad days I can easily go thru 8 of those in a 24 hr. period. For the knee hi, I have sewn a velcro piece at the toe (the rough part of the velcroe) and can wrap it around my neck and it grabs on the knee hi.

I feel sorry for all those younger ladies who are just now starting to experience what we've had for years. As I've posted, my DD (age 40) is now going to an integrative doctor, hoping she can help with the fatigue. I started the bad fatigue about 5-8 years prior to the pain.
  3. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Active Member

4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Thanks t both of you. Need to get ready to go.

Diane - That was the one I think.

Sun - Thanks for your crafty idea too.

L0ve,
    Granni
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I had almost bought one of these but when I read that it takes a minimum of 2 hrs. in the freezer.......that's why I have 8 of the same gel packs, always have one ready to use.