PH testing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fairydust39, May 1, 2006.

1. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Hi All,
    I have been testing my urine each morning with PH test strips. My Ph has been very low. It is 5 or 5.5 every morning. I know that it is very dangerous for it to be that low. 7.4 is normal. I know that it is a symptom of another disease but not sure what. I can take baking soda in the morning and it brings the PH up very quickly but it goes right back to the same thing within a day. I have been very sick for quite a while and now I think that I may have found something. Does anyone know anything about this? Would appreciate any and all comments.
    Hugs Shirley
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I started checking mine a few months ago. Mine also gets very low. I haven't been diagosed with anything but fragrance sensitivity yet. I did read and find out that our body makes bicarbonate of soda (baking soda). It helps to eliminate toxins from our body. People who are sensitive to chemicals can't seem to produce enough cause we are constantly exposed to things that are poisonous to our systems. It could be something we eat, drink or breathe or a combination of all. I asked my pharmacist what doctors used to treat this after I had been using baking soda for about a month. He said they use bicarbonate of soda. I'm also very careful about aspartame. It can and does cause acidosis. They've started putting it in thousands of products. I have to read the label on EVERYTHING. It's even in REGULAR chewing gum.
  3. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I know the baking soda works but one can't take it forever. There must be a reason for it to be low. I know that it's a sign of diabetes sometimes or not breathing deeply enough. BUT there should be some answer, someplace to find what it means. Did you tell your DR about it? What did he say about it? Thank you for responding
    Hugs Shirley
    PS I don't use Aspartame at all. I use Stevia.[This Message was Edited on 05/01/2006]
  4. matthewson

matthewson New Member

The more dilute your urine is, the more towards 7.0 ph it will be. Drink more water and it will dilute your urine. Your first morning urine is usually concentrated, that's why you are seeing a lower ph. I don't really know of any problem that would cause. We see a lot of acidic urine samples in the lab.

Just drink more water.

Take care, Sally