Pharmacy & Insurance Companies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zassy40, May 12, 2009.

1. zassy40

zassy40 New Member

Hi everyone. This is my first post although I have been reading the message board for quite awhile and have found many helpful solutions. I had a doctor's appointment last night and had my prescripts. refilled; however, when i went to the pharmarcy to have them filled I couldn't get the Tylenol 3 script filled because the insurance company said it was three days to early. Have any of you ran into this and what did you do. I guess I could call the pharmacy and pay for it all directly out of pocket, but I'm not even sure they will do that. Thanks for any help.
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Different insurance companies have different rules. Mine allows 4 days early. If your Dr. changes your script at all - (more pills per month) it is like a new script and they will fill.
    If your pharmacy is cool, they may let you pay for it out of pocket - mine wouldn't I'm sure, but some will - they may call your Dr.
    Seems it's either the pharmacy or the ins. company that has their own set of rules.

There are some pharmacies that won't fill a day early even though ins. will. Go figure.
  3. zassy40

zassy40 New Member

I think I'm going to call and see what the pharmacy has to say. We have enought aggravation trying to manage day to day I don't know why the insurance companies have to be so flipping difficult!

Thank you for taking time to answer my question. Hope you have a nice day.