Phoenix Rising--What happened?!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quanked, Mar 10, 2010.

1. quanked

quanked Member

The message board of PH is a visual nightmare now. It is all white and seems to have missing parts. Anyone know what happened?

The other part of PH will not appear when I click on it.

I was still learning how navigate the message board--it is complex compared to ProHealth.

I hope nothing is bad happened.
  2. quanked

quanked Member

I googled PR and found the site this way and it came up fine (I was using and icon on desktop for the non message part of PR which would not open up). I do not know what happened.

Then, from the googled PR, I clicked on forums and the nice light blue screen came up saying it was down for awhile. I wonder what happened.

I have no idea if it is my computer, my server, PR or what that caused the difficulties. Oh well.
  3. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Quanked,

Phoenix Rising did an upgrade a few days ago, and it apparently failed part way through, leading to lots of problems. They're now in the process of shifting to a new "host" (whatever that means) and will be down until that process is completed. They thought it could be as long as 24 hours, but probably less.

They're hoping for a much better system once this all takes place. I hope what they do will help accommodate the huge amount of traffic and information that is being posted every day. Quite remarkable how a pretty sleepy message board just last summer and fall has turned into an incredibly fast moving (and informative) message board. Unfortunately, they're dealing with a few "growing pains" in the process.

Regards, Wayne
    [This Message was Edited on 03/11/2010]
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I can get to the main forum page, but if I click on anything, it says the page isn't found. I hope they fix it soon.
  5. Synapse

Synapse New Member

Maybe they accidently 'moderated' themselves after the CAA ordered them to clean up the criticsm of the fact the CAA were distributing information telling people with CFS they are mentally ill and 'think' they have an illness that makes them worse!!!! Their excuse was they didn't actually write it, they just distributed it. Same difference.

I see that after that after a big post on this, a moderator ordered that no criticism of CAA is allowed (citing libel), meaning their pro psychiatric agenda is mantained. How convenient.

Hence the appeal of prohealth that isn't run by the Stasi.

I'm glad that PR is down for a day, at least people aren't getting deleted for having an opinion. Remember next time you say something at the breakfast table to provide a full reference list, if not, say nothing and follow like sheep because you only ' think' you are sick and have gotten used to this idea....apparently.
  6. gapsych

gapsych New Member

There is a good discussion about this on Facebook at the Whitmore Peterson site.

I just don't seem to have the energy to do a tap dance. :>)