Phone call

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BlueSky555, Jan 5, 2009.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I received a weird call from someone this morning; asking me for some numbers on my check; said they have $600 that I had lost and wanted to put it back into my account.

Weird, HUH?

2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Yeah, the scammers are always trying to get your bank numbers to get access to your money. Too bad we can't all get together and physically get access to them!!!!
  3. mary124

mary124 New Member

Never ever give someone your credit card number/SSN or anything of the like. If you get another call like that one, get their name/company name and then tell them you are going to report them.
    If its on the computer, usually it will have some sort of message --whatever you do don't open it and just DELETE it.
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I would just hang up on them. If they were scammers they sure as heck wouldn't give you their name or anything else. It is a shame how people try and take advantage of othes these days.

It sure did sound fishy to me to begin with.

BILLCAMO New Member

A person can't keep up with all the scams that are being used.

Not very long ago , a lady was approached by a young couple in a parking lot that needed cash. They had a gold brick worth (supposedly) $1500. They needed cash so badly that they would take $700 cash. She gave them the cash and ended up with a very pretty brass brick.

If it sounds too good to be true , it most likely is.......

Blessings ,

6. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

If you haven't yet, it might be a good idea to call the phone company to report what happened. If you have the time/or info from you caller ID, let the phone company know. That happened to a friend and reporting it led them to catching the scammers in her situation, (with nothing more required on her part). They will keep calling until they get someone to fall for it!

7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I had a friend who was being stalked by someone who thought she was having an affair with her ex boyfriend. My friend had the same cell number as this woman's ex boyfriend before he changed his phone number. (Gee, I wonder why he did this?).

Long story short, the police got involved, as the woman started driving by her house. The police were able to access the number that the woman called from. These calls were blocked.

They police found the stalker driving around in her car. They arrested her as she had a handgun in the car.

If I remember correctly, they were able to pull up the same number for some older calls. They were also blocked. I have no idea how this woman was able to find my friend's address from her cell phone number.

Something I have done in the past is to list my name in the phone book without my address. It is something that a lot of teacher's do.

Definitely report this.

Good luck.

[This Message was Edited on 01/07/2009]
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you ALL so much for your responses. Everyone is right; there are some scammers out there and will try anything to obtain money; except work.

Nothing but theives.....arrggghhh! Well, I did ask the guy for the name of the company and a telephone number. (I knew this was a scam when he first told me that they had $600 that I had lost; I had not lost any money, lol). I even told the guy that I had not lost any money. Anyway, the name he gave me was AD something, can't remember, and also gave me a phone number. He told me he was in New York. Well, I called the number and of course it was an invalid number. I only played along with this guy to see just how far he would take it and believe me, the call lasted about 15 minutes. The funny part was that he was asking for the numbers in the top-right corner of my check; there IS a number there; so he finally told me he just wanted the 3 middle numbers. I said, ok.......0........0........0. After a few seconds, he said, "you make fool of me". Well, he "tried" to make fool of me, right? LOL!

Again, thank you ALL so much and I wanted to share this with you all. Also, thank you for sharing information with me. (No, they didn't even know my name; must have obtained number from directory.

[This Message was Edited on 01/09/2009]