Photo of region in MEXICO where I live....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Oct 5, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

click on my name -on the old board- so you can see the photo on my profile.

I didn't take it but it is an excellent represtantation of what you see when driving around the lake, and even away from the lake (just replace the lake with meadows/fields, which right now are gorgeous as wildflowers all over) ... btw, as you might guess by looking at the mountain tops, this is a deal volanic region (happily!).

The diversity in terrain in Mexico is truly the amazing, just like the US!

(PS: Does anyone know if we'll be able to eventually post pics on our profiles on the new site to share?

[This Message was Edited on 10/05/2008]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Beautiful photo!,,,,it looks like we live in the same type of landscape!,,,,although i'm sure you have alot warmer temps than up here in Montana!,,,,,If your like me at all ,,you wouldn't trade the Mountians,,lakes,,rivers &streams for all the pavement in the world!,,,,,,,lolol,,,,,,,,just an old country gal here!,,,,,,,Thanks for posting,,,Sis
  3. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

yes you will be able to post pictures on the new site.
    Give us time :)
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

Jorgie, glad to hear we'll be able to share pics again, soon!

Georgia - me too, and at that it isn't much-- either way. I am looking at courses to download on my computer for 'survival spanish' at least, so that I don't have to worry about getting to classes... altho many people around here do speak some English at least and try to be helpful.

What never fails to amuse me is how both my husband and I chatter on in English and others in Spanish, even tho we can't understand each other. But with lots of smiles and hand gestures & pointing and a few understood words in both languages, it works for basic needs usually.

Cate - I guess we have an adventurous souls... sort of? It was an adventure to move south to Georgia from Chicago, and an adventure surely moving here. You would love Mexico if you like archeology for sure!

Tzintzuntzan ("Place of the Hummingbirds" - and yes I see them daily!) was the capitol of the Purhepechua Indians, possibly originally from from Peru. There are many pics of the ruins here and closeby, they're apparently a bit different -one reference calls them "peculiar T-shaped pyramids that rose in terraces".

One was built by them over even older remains of temples in Patzcuaro that nobody knows anything about. This site tells you a lot about them:

[This Message was Edited on 10/06/2008]
  5. Toga

Toga Member

How did you decide to move to that part of Mexico? It looks like a little piece of heaven. And the weather must be wonderful most of the time. I am so jealous. I just hate cold weather.

Bless you.

6. victoria

victoria New Member

actually wanted to live on the coast, except nothing was rentable with 4 dogs LOL! Well, nothing except a fantastically beautiful home that had no DSL or air cond!!!! As beautiful as it is I know how hot it is on the coast by Manzanillo year round.........

I finally posted on some yahoo ex-pat lists, asking for rentals accepting 4 dogs anywhere from Morelia to the coast... got several replies from this area only, actually, and after researching further about the weather, etc, we took a deep breath and went for it!

We didn't realize til then just how nice the weather really was here.

As we told our friends back home (who couldn't BELIEVE what we were doing):

we could always move, whether to another house, another area, or even back to the states if we absolutely hated it... after all, nothing's permanent when you're renting! Once you're in a general location anyway, it becomes easier to network.

Happy reading, Cate!