Phsycological testing for SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dainty45, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

Has any one gone through this testing for SSDI? Just wondering, because I have an appointment coming up. Please let me know if you have been through this?

Take care!!! SB
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

from what I have read it is pretty routine just be yourself. I am sure you will do fine. If you do a search on this subject you will find a lot of information on it.

It has been discussed here several times. I am sure others will be along to answers your questions as well.

There is also a site I have seen referred to several times disabilitysecrets.com it seems to be a very informative site you might want to check it out as well-it could never hurt.

Best of luck to you,

Karen :)
  3. sascha

sascha Member

yes, i went and had this done. i was feeling quite sick that day. i remember just a bunch of tests. i guess i talked with the evaluator for a bit, then he administered tests. they are tests to check cognitive function. it was't bad. just do whatever you can. i felt really out of it that day. it won't be bad- sascha
  4. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Yes, see my post of which the tile is:

psychiatric assessment psychological appraisal SSDI

best wishes
  5. srollins

srollins New Member

even on a bad day! easier than going to regular dr.

shirley
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I think many people are confused about the Definition
    of passing and failure on the Psychological Evaluation.
    My evaluation came back in the positive side. In terms
    of acqiring SSA benefits, it was not a plus for my case
    I would think. But I gave and honest interview and didn't
    attempt to give anyone a "snowjob". My problem was Physi-
    cal with some cognitive dysfunction due to fatigue. It
    all worked out in the end and my honest demeanor was a
    positive factor in winning my case.

Relax, it really isn't a big deal. Almost all have to
    comply with the test.

MRDAD

7. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi, I just had mine yesterday. First of all I can't remember alot that happened- I drove myself with with directions, got lost and was 20 minutes late... Was very upset when I got there- seemed like they were just waiting for me. He asks the reg. type questions and tries to see how your memory is- I think me being late may have blown it not sure-

I also had to see a doctor and X-Rays. Good luck just be yourself and see if someone can drive you.

Janet
  8. day2day

day2day Member

It was not too bad, the guy was nice. He was honest in his report. He was favorable for my SSDI, I was still denied.

Had to see the judge about 5 mos later then got it.

hope this helps