physiatrist Should she stay or should she go??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starpriestess, Oct 8, 2005.

1. starpriestess

starpriestess New Member

hey gang, didn't think i'd write back so soon, but i find myself at the library and thought i'd check up on you guys. (I dont have my computer up right now, so i cant check in everyday)any way, on my last visit with my physiatrist, after several months in treatment, after trying different meds and different doses and experiencing bad side affects, she tells me that she will not be "writing that letter" for me, (the one concerning disability, asked for by my lawyer). I was to say exceptionally disturbed by this, so my question is, would you all keep her or let her go. I am trying to understand the reasons that she wouldnt write it, but I no longer feel she believes in the authenticity of my pain or my struggles. I mean really, who in the hell does she think she is? I mistakenly thought she would write the letter, but I was very wrong. This further convinces me that some doctors should not be doctors and should be working for donald trump, because they are obviously just in it to cash in and to to hell with the patient. I am not saying that she is totally lacking any empathy, but i sure question it now.
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

Even without the letter issue, it sounds like she isn't being very effective in your treatment. Maybe it's time for a new doctor and a new outlook.

Good luck with your disability case. Maybe a new doctor will understand your situation better.

Take care,

Elsa
  3. jennypee

jennypee New Member

There's other fish in the sea! Go find a better fish!

And look at your medical records from her before you send them to another doc. If she doesn't believe in your illness it may be reflected in your records, which could bias another doc.

Good luck!
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

You need an explanation for that.She knows that it is important to get medical proof from all dr.'s for disability.What is her problem?I am not sure about this, but changing psych. may take a little longer for them to get to know you and agree to write the letter.Maybe you can work something out with your current psych.Find out the reason why she won't write this letter and see if you can sit down with her again and plead yor case.You deserve a reason for her not doing this.You haven't spent all this time with her to be rejected like this.
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Starpriestess,
    I would say: RUN AS FAST AS YOUR LITTLE LEGS CAN CARRY YOU!!
    It sounds like, either, she doesn't believe you, or, she is not courageous enough to take a stand for you. In either case, she is not worthy to be helping you, and should be fired.
    A person's psychiatrist should be someone in whom they have a great deal of trust, and one whom they know will back them up in a pinch. Remember, she is your employee, and she has dropped the ball.
    Good luck in whatever you decide.
    Hugs,
    Terry
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

most of my life and had CFS for 25 years. I've had a dozen of more psychiatrists. Two were abusive, and a couple were good. Mostly they functioned like vending machines. You put money in and you get prescriptions out.

Most of the therapy I got was from psychologists and social workers.

Doesn't your atty have a list of drs. he/she sends patients to for an evaluation and report?

I think you really need to find another psychiatrist for treatment/medication. A bad one is worse than none.