Physiatrists: MD's specializing in muscle pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LaurieB, Jul 4, 2008.

  1. LaurieB

    LaurieB New Member

    I read recently about a medical disciple that I didn't know existed: physiatry. Physiatrists are MDs who specialize in muscle, nerve, and bone pain. I also found one in my area and am going to call on Monday for an appointment. I've never heard of this as a medical specialty so I'm kind of excited about it. Is anyone here being treated by a physiatrist? An assocation web site that explains the discipine is

  2. LaurieB

    LaurieB New Member

    Oops. That would be "medical discipline" not disciple. Although if physiatrists specialize in eliminating this kind of fibro pain we're all experiencing, maybe they are disciples.
  3. Debra49659

    Debra49659 New Member

    my doctor is a physiatrist, I love him. He takes can of my FM and is also helping me with the lower back pain at the same time!

    Hope you find a good one!
  4. PainPainGoAway

    PainPainGoAway New Member

    I found my physiatrist to be very helpful. It's worth a visit!

[ advertisement ]