Physical Capacity Test

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acheallover, Jan 24, 2006.

1. acheallover

acheallover New Member

Hello all, had a 3 1/2 hour physical capacity test done this morning. Very grueling. My MD wanted to have this test to show Workmens' comp an objective study showing just what my limitations are. Glad it is over, but would recommend it if you need something solid to prove injuries. Have a good evening.
  2. zerped

zerped New Member

Did your insurance pay for the test? I've been told that around here it's called "PCE, Physical Capacities Evaluation." My Kaiser won't pay for one, and they're $500+ around here. I'm sure it would help my claim, but I just can't afford it. How expensive was yours, or was it paid by insurance?
  3. acheallover

acheallover New Member

Greetings, Because I live in Wa. state, and my claim is in Ca.,the Physical Therapy dept. could not bill. My MD has written a letter asking for the test, to show my abilities to work or ever work under conditions that my employer would assume I could do. Also the results are used for future Vocational rehab. I will submit to my attorney the bill along with MD letter, for reimbursement. The test cost $455.00. I will let you know if I get paid. Good-luck