Physical therapy and exacerbations

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsE, Jan 30, 2012.

1. MsE

MsE New Member

Have any of you with CFIDS found physical therapy was problematic? I have been undergoing myofascial release for leftover nerve problems following a mastectomy and to help me get some "movement" back in other parts of my body that are quite tied up in knots.

So far it hasn't helped. I've only gone a couple of times, but crashed after I got home from the second session and had to spend the day in bed. Also, the neuropathy left from the mastectomy is worse than it was. What has been your experience with myofascial release or any other kind of physical therapy and CFIDS? I would greatly appreciate some feedback because I have a hunch this might be a mistake, but I don't want to give up too easily.
  2. spacee

spacee Member

Oh, so sorry to hear of your distress!!

I have had PT and had good results. Only the first water exercises were too much
    for me. Slept all weekend. They cut them down to fewer days a week.

Not sure that that would relate to yours.But I would def tell your doc and the
    PT about the issues. They might have some other choices for you.

3. MsE

MsE New Member

I'm supposed to go again tomorrow, so I'll talk to the PT about the results of the first two sessions. I thought I would give it another try and see what happens before I give up, but I'm definitely not going to continue if I haven't noticed some improvement--or at least no worsening--of symptoms after that. Thanks for writing, and thanks for the hug.