Physical Therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by discoverygal, Nov 26, 2006.

1. discoverygal

discoverygal New Member

Hi All,
    I hope everyone has had a Happy Thanksgiving holiday weekend. I work retail so I have been working but Thursday was a good day for me. However I have had the worse flare-up over the past couple of days.

I was diagnosed 5 weeks ago or so after 4 years of pain. But the past 2 months I have seen more symptoms and the pain has progressed. Each flare up is worse than the other.

I started physical therapy 2 weeks ago. My second visit was Tuesday and I felt like a truck hit me when I left. My sister, who has FM and CFS said PT was very bad for her.

Has anyone gotten any good (or bad) results from PT. Am I wasting my time and money?

I so appreciate each and every one of you. I am so sorry for the folks who have gone through 10, 20 25 years of this. But your knowledge is helping those of us who are just beginning our search for help

Thanks to you all.
    God bless
    ~Danette
  2. footballmom

footballmom New Member

I tried PT....it didn't work for me. My pain got worse instead of better. That being said, it doesn't mean it won't work for you. Everything is trial and error. I find that relaxing in a warm bath or in the hot tub a few times a day helps. I also had luck with light exercise in the pool. My doctor swears by water therapy.

Good luck to you......

Tess
  3. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

What kind of therapy are they doing?

I know high impact exercise is not good for FM.

Have you read any of "prickles" posts to other newcomers? She has a wealth of information that is very, very helpful.

Hope this helps and take care,
    Blessed Be & Kitten Hugs,
    Laurie
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I had great results, my physical therapists were trained in myofascial release, and it literally turned my life around.

Don't have time for details but to say I was diagnosed over 25 years ago, called fibrositis then, and the rhuemy sent me to the pool for swimming.

Did fairl well for years, but due to family compications, was not able to get to the pool for five years.

I was in so much pain I was unsafe to drive and extreme pain all the time.

I literally fell into the hands of these talented guys and they turned things around for me again but it did take a long time.

Good luck. You can do a "search by" myofascial release or MFR by title or my name by username for more info.

June
  5. discoverygal

discoverygal New Member

Thanks for all of your responses!