Physical therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ropaul, Jul 22, 2009.

1. ropaul

ropaul New Member

My dr wants me to have physical therapy again, but in the past it has made me worse. I've had it for back, three whip lashes and three surgeries on my shoulder for torn rotators cuff. It has never helped but made it worse. Does anyone else have the same problem. I read that some people who have fibromyalgia that therapy makes them worse......
  2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I went to a chiropractor and a physical therapist last summer.

I tried the Physical therapist but this particular one wanted to push push
    push me~ told me I needed to exercise more , when I couldn't even make
    it 2 minutes of exercise in his office. I stopped going to him.

The chiropractor helped my lower back but I had some reservations about the treatment
    after several months and stopped that as well.

I have found light stretching and walking when I can is all the exercise I can do.

My suggestion would be to do what you feel you can as far as exercise, and take it slow.
    We know our own bodies , and with fibro and CFS we have to be our best advocate.
    There are good PT's out there , I just didn't find one.
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Just my own experience but every time a PT got near me I got worse, in one case a lot worse. Half dozen tries over the years and now I tell my MD, nobody touches me so don't even think about PT.

I have to say that quietly as I have two good friends having daughters in the field of PT.

As for chiro, I used one for probably 30 years. I thought it helped at the time, who knows. The gentle woman retired and a terrorist replaced her. After my first and only visit with him I had bruises all around my neck. That was the finale. Also was 20 years ago.