Physical Therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MrsRoseFromKy, Sep 22, 2003.

1. MrsRoseFromKy

MrsRoseFromKy New Member

My doctor wants me to have Physical Therapy for one month.
    So, I was wondering if anyone else has tried Physical Therapy for the Fibro ?
    If anyone has tried the Physical Therapy, Did it help or did it make the Fibro worse ?
    Judy
  2. kathybwi

kathybwi New Member

Hi Judy,

Not sure if it will help or not but my doctor is also sending me to physical and occupational therapy. I start this Friday. Not sure how I am going to do it because I am already so sore and tired. But you are not alone. My doctor will not give me pain meds so I suffer a great deal. I hope you are not suffering like me.
    So I guess we find out together if therapy works,

Hugs,
    Kathy
  3. elizabethia

elizabethia New Member

when i was first told that i had fibro my doc sent me to physical therapy but wanted me to have aquatic therapy... since i'm on medicade they only cover a certain amount of weeks which to me and my doctor is rediculous.. since once you just get going and start to see some results you have to stop... anyways.. i and my therapist saw some improvements ... it really did help but it took a few weeks to get "warmed up" but it really was worth it so go ahead and make the effort and try... ya really have nothing to loose.. ya already feel bad...ohhh yeah i also got to sit in the hot tub when i was finished... it felt like heaven : )