Physicians for CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cathkol, Mar 6, 2006.

  1. cathkol

    cathkol New Member

    I live in Charlotte (moving to Charleston) and am looking for a physician that handles CFS - or what type of physicans handle these cases. My primary care told me that CFS is just a symptom and not a disease - he won't help me. There is one physician here that actually specializes in CFS; however, he does NOT accept any insurance. charges 300 plus per hour with an initial visit over 3 hours and expects payment up front. I just can't afford that. What type of doctors handle CFS so that I can have it covered by my medicaid? Thanks for anyones assistance.
  2. NyroFan

    NyroFan New Member

    My rheumatologist handles both my FM and my CFS. He said since they are so closely linked: he might as well do both.
    It is worth it for me and he seems up on all of the latest work. I hope you find what you are looking for.