Physician's Statement for Disability Retirement

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Boxplayer, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Boxplayer

Boxplayer New Member

Hi,

Will anyone out there who has filed for federal disability retirement under CSRS or FERS consider sharing their physician's statement of disability with me? I am seeing one of the only two Rheumatologists in Anchorage, Alaska, and he is so busy with severely ill patients I am afraid he won't include all the applicable fibro circumstances that cause me to not perform my job up to standard anymore. If I could show him a sample that someone else has used that may be helpful, especially if OPM accepted your application. I don't need your name or personal information. Many and sincere thanks!
  2. Magee

Magee Guest

I, too, am in the process of applying for Disability. I have found great information in a book called FIBROMYALGIA AND CHRONIC MYOFASCIAL PAIN SYNDROME (A Survival Manual) by Devin. J. Starlanyl, MD and Mary Ellen Copeland. It costs around $20 but I have found it very helpful. PGs 333-347 Forms you can copy and use.

Be very specific, "I can sit for 10 minutes without pain" "I am unable to hold a hairdryer to dry my hair" "I can walk 150 ft before tiring and pain sets in"

Please keep us posted on your process, it's definitely not an easy one.

Magee[This Message was Edited on 08/01/2003]
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

I have a very good "functional capacity assessment" form that I was given by the Vocational Rehabilitation Department. My doctor filled it out and I do believe it was this form that helped me win my SSD case. If you are interested send me a post and I will have to get your e-mail addresses and see if I can forward it to you.

Dara