PianoWomen in Toronto

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kgangel, Jul 25, 2006.

1. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi Piano Women,

I saw your name on another post and saw you were from Toronto.

We are going to see a Blue Jay game there in August and are currently looking for a hotel or Bed and Breakfast to stay at.

Do you have any suggestions on best location to be and any hotels or Bed and Breakfasts that might be ok to stay at?

We are having a hard time figuring out where to stay

Thanks so much

kgangel
  2. kgangel

kgangel New Member

3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It's great that you are able to take a trip and to come to Toronto! I'm a big Blue Jays fan but I haven't been to a game for a while. The team is pretty good this year and fun to watch.

I don't know if you have been to the city but I will assume you have not. The Rogers Centre where the games are played is close to the lakeshore and the CN tower, in the downtown area. It is west of Yonge St., the main north-south street and the divide for east and west. It is just south of what's called the theatre district.

If it were me, I would want to stay somewhere fairly close to where I was going. There are lots of hotels in the downtown area but here are a few that are close and I think are good hotels: Westin Harbor Castle, Intercontinental Toronto Contre, Radisson Hotel Admiral, Toronto Waterfront and the Royal York ( this one is a little further east but near the lovely old St Lawrence Market. I have been in all but the Hotel Admiral.
    I have no personal experience with B&Bs in Toronto but I looked up most of them and none are as close as the hotels. Most are, though, close to transit which is pretty good in the downtown area.

The site torontotourism.com is helpful if you haven't found it yet. I hope you have a great trip and let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Kathy.
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I was also going to suggest the Holiday Inn on King. It is a little further north than the others, just a few blocks but it might be a bit more economical. It's not in as pretty an area, though.

Kathy.
  5. kgangel

kgangel New Member

So good of you to reply, thank you so much

We are going to look those up. We found one that we really like and it is shown as a 4 star motel but, it has mixed reviews from people that have been there it is The Grand Hotel. Ever heard of it? YOu did not mention it so maybe it is not worth it, it does look very nice on the site they have though

Thanks again for your help

kgangel
  6. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have no experience with the Grand Hotel. It gets a lot of advertising and they seem to have a lot of ritzy events there from what I hear. I guess another reason I didn't consider it is that I was trying to give you ones that were reasonably close to the ball park. There are so many hotels in Toronto!!

Kathy.
  7. kgangel

kgangel New Member

oh ok, thanks. When we looked up the Grand Hotel it said it was only 1/2 mile from the stadium, so we thought it was close

Thanks again though, we are going to keep looking, they are all so expensive, that is our only problem.

kgangel
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Yes, the city can be expensive. Don't be discouraged from the bed and breakfasts. Several of them are pretty central and probably not more than 15 min. by cab to the Rogers Centre. There are also hotels away from the waterfront/theatre area that might be cheaper.

Kathy.