Picasso's sketch leads to burglar arrests

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tansy, Oct 27, 2007.

1. tansy

tansy New Member

Artist Pablo Picasso surprised a burglar at work in his new chateau. The intruder got away, but Picasso told the police he could do a rough sketch of what he looked like. On the basis of his drawing, the police arrested a mother superior, the minister of finance, a washing machine, and the Eiffel tower.

If my husband would ever meet a woman on the street who looked like the women in his paintings, he would fall over in a dead faint.
    - Mrs. Pablo Picasso

Look, it's my misery that I have to paint this kind of painting, it's your misery that you have to love it, and the price of the misery is thirteen hundred and fifty dollars.
    - Mark Rothko

How many Surrealists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    One to nail the Bicycle to the wall
    and two to put the Giraffe in the Bathtub

Liz goes to her first show at an art gallery and is looking at the paintings.
    One is a huge canvas that has black with yellow blobs of paint splattered all over it.
    The next painting is a murky gray color that has drips of purple paint streaked across it.
    Liz walks over to the artist and says, "I don't understand your paintings."
    "I paint what I feel inside me," explains the artist.
    "Have you ever tried Alka-Seltzer?" she asked!

I've been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas, I just think about it

[This Message was Edited on 10/28/2007]
  2. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

My mom is an artist---I know she'll especially appreciate the humor. Thanks for sharing! Have a great night.

Erika :)