Pics to Identify

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by rockgor, Oct 19, 2014.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Kids

Here are some critters you won't find in your back yard. Recognize any of them?

Rock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I'll say prairie rat, porcupine and I have no guess on #3.
  3. bct

bct Active Member

I'll say Bandicoot for #1, porcupine for #2, and some kind of lemur for #3. Now I'll have to google them to see if I'm right.

Barry
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi GB

Right on with porcupine. It's the African porcupine which I think is the biggest.
    They had one at the zoo in St. Paul. Very dramatic coloring compared to the
    rather drab ones in N. America.

Number 1 is not a rat. It's actually related to the wombat. Woot!

Number 3 is not a beast with two heads. It's just that I couldn't find a pic
    I could copy that would show the entire animal.

Ha Ha! I'm back. Did it again. Typed the above, but forgot to post it. Well,
    Gordon announced we were off to do errands, so I guess that might be a good
    excuse.

Barry, you are right again. Now for the bonus question. What do you call
    a group of bandicoots? Answer: a band.

Yes, it's a lemur. The short tailed lemur. Also known by the name indri. The best
    known lemur is the ring tailed with has a very long tail with bands of white
    and black fur. Lots of lemurs on Youtube. If you want to see the short tailed
    variety, enter the whole description into the search window.

That bandicoot looks a lot like a shrew. My cousin got bit by a shrew when he
    was 10. He said, "A swoo bit me." I'm happy to report his difficulty with "R's"
    disappeared a few years later.

Your "crud" go away, Barry?

Next time I may put up pics of mythical beasts. A unicorn, a griffin,
    an honest politician, et. al.

Rock
  5. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Be sure to include a doctor that can cure CFS with those mythical creatures, Rock. :)
    rockgor likes this.
  6. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

That reminded me, I have been bitten by a monkey in my childhood when zoo's where still places you could put your hand in a cage, wonder if that could have a part in the whole chizzle of what I'm dealing with today. I never dared to tell anyone since it wasn't allowed to put your hand in obviously :p Was on a school trip when I was around I dunno, seven or maybe even younger....