Picture In Profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

OK, y'all, as promised, I've posted a pic taken just after my surgery a week ago yesterday (Mon). Sorry it's soooooo BIG; I'm not very savvy about computer things.

I warn you, it's very graphic and not pretty. If I look goofy, it's because I'm high on Vicodin.

In a day or so, I'll post the pic taken on Wed. just two days later when my daughter and I went out to lunch. Then, I'll post one I took today with makeup.

It's amazing how fast one can recouperate. I know several have expressed interest in this kind of surgery because of the toll our illnesses take on us. Feel free to ask any questions.

Love, Mikie
  2. Laura62

Laura62 New Member

All I've got to say is....

You're a heck of lot braver than I...LOL!!!!!

Hope you're planning on posting an after pic...:)

I know you said it "didn't hurt that much" But it sure looks like it did!! Guess I'm just squeamish...

Anyways...I still say you're one brave woman!!!!!!!!!!

Smile :O)

Laura
    [This Message was Edited on 04/29/2003]
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

You are brave. Am anxious to see the "next" picture. Fondly June
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks. Actually I would love to know how to resize pics. They are in folders in "My Pictures," but I've never been able to figure out how to resize. Is it something you can explain easily here?

Love, Mikie
  5. KayL

KayL New Member

It makes me hurt to see it! I told my hubby last weekend I'd like to have something done, I'm starting to get jowls and there are TONS of wrinkles that have suddenly appeared on my forehead and under my eyes. But I don't know if I can handle that!

I have to say.......WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

Karen
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I do think people who are considering this kind of surgery need to see the ugly details. The good thing is that there really isn't that much pain. I only took one Vicodin right afterward and not much else except a little Excedrin for a couple of days. I do have an unusually high pain threshold, so I can't promise someone else would have the same experience.

I will soon post the pic taken just two days later and you will be amazed at the difference. I can see improvement every day.

Love, Mikie
  7. OUCH!!! It looks painful to me! Good luck on your healing!
  8. lucky

lucky New Member

Boy, if this does not hurt, Mikie - but wounds are healing and I am sure you'll be looking beautiful again on your next picture. Would be interesting to see the results when all the swelling and stitches are gone.
    Kind regards, Lucky
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

OMG, Jelly, I just had a thought: Wouldn't it be something if we could all march on the docs who have been so uncaring, ignorant, egotistical, and downright stupid to our members.

I picture a scene from "Frankenstein" with sick people carrying tourches marching to the docs' offices. Well, if nothing else, it gives me a chuckle.

There is very little pain. Even when I had to go back in because of the hemmorage and they worked on me without anesthesia, it wasn't that bad except for when they cauterized the bleeders. That hurt, but I was disassociated from the pain because I was jolly on Vicodin. That's why I have that goofy grin on my face.

My doc is supposed to be one of the best in the area. He's very sweet and a cutie too. He and the staff sent me beautiful flowers after the surgery. My daughter laughed when she brought them in. She said, "Here's some flowers from your doctor that you paid for."

I haven't seen the final results, but based on my progress, I would do it again.

Love, Mikie
  10. selma

selma New Member

Your beautiful eyes.
    I don't know if they're shining because of the meds.
    But, your eyes show how beautiful you are,with or without surgery.
    Waiting to see your pic.
    Love and huggs, Selma
  11. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I can on The Leaning Channel and I think you look good for what you've had done. Your sutures are clean and not showing any sign of infection; I'm proud of you!!! You don't look a bit worse than I do every morning and I've had nothing done! My mother had quite a turkey gobble chin from the age of thirty on and she would LOVE to have had the resources to have had corrective surgery. Sadly, she died before I could afford to help her out financially; I would LOVE to have done this for her. I don't have her problem, but my face goes through a lot of changes each time I have to take steroids for long periods of time and the long-term results are beginning to show. I am seeing some neck lines, some laughlines and the creases from my nose to mouth are obvious. My jowls are sagging somewhat. I would LOVE to have microdermabrasion and I would love to have my veins "done." I think I wrote earlier about the body changes I'd like! I need a complete overhaul!!! But, my husband would NEVER agree because of my health and skin problems and I really don't think a good surgeon would agree to perform surgery on someone with my history. Oh well. I'll just admire your younger face and try not to feel too jealous!
    Good luck~~~you're doing so well!
    Kady
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are so sweet. I think everyone who has been through what we have should be entitled to reconstructive procedures. It's our pain and fatigue which steal our youth. I view this as an investment because I believe I will be able to return to work and need to compete with younger and healthier people in the job market.

Tomorrow, I'll post the pic taken on Wed.

Love, Mikie
  13. Notonline

Notonline New Member

You are a very brave lady! You'll look great when you're done healing!

I have to say though, I think I'll first resort to using heavy-duty scotch tape when the time comes...and some duct tape on the old boobs and thighs maybe. LOL I am definately too much of a coward!!!!!
  14. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Hi Mikie,
    You must be made of tough stuff!
    I had no idea what I was in for when I clicked on your profile. OUCH! That looks painful.

The results will be worth it I'm sure. Maybe someday I will be brave like you and go for it. I know somebody personally that had this same procedure done and she looked great.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.
    Speedy healing.
    CLD
  15. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

You are so right about this being an investment...especially with your plans.Not to mention the confidence this will help. After the ravages of this disease I think we all tend to have to do something to rebuild our confidence some. Thank you so much for sharing this all with us... your openess and selflessness is part of what endears you to all of us. Will look forward to seeing the progress, I know you are going to look just great. People with so much good on the inside always have it leaking out to the outside:) love, Rebel
    P.S. Did you say whether this Dr. of yours is married?!LOL
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, the doc is married (aren't all the good ones?). A young friend of mine went to school with his children. She has lived here all her life and she said this doc is a very good one. He did liposuction on her mom.

Today, I'm posting the pic taken on Wed. I'm wearing a chin strap and dark glasses so y'all can't see much but it give you an idea of how well I felt.

Love, Mikie
  17. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

I'm quite new to the board from the uk what did you have done was it a face lift or was it just your eye lids to much skin as my mum had her eyelids done and you cannot even tell after what she had done
    hope you have a speedy recovery
    love from Loopyloo x
  18. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

ouch is right. I want to get my eyes done also. I have been watching extreme make overs after the bactulor (SP) and it is amazing how beautiful they look. Am looking forward to seeing it tonight. abc 10:00. So how long tell you are completely healed? Will be looking forward to seeing the picture!!!! Linda:)))
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I had an eye lift and had the skin under my eyes and around on the side where I had crows' feet laser resurfaced. In addition, I had a neck lift which you cannot see because it's under the bandages. The skin had come completely loose from the muscle in the neck. While it really didn't look all that bad right now, it would only have gotten worse with age and time.

The lasered skin is burned and sloughs off. Each day, I have to get in the shower and removed the dead skin with soap and water. Then, I put Mederma ointment and Polysporin ointment on the skin. Mederma stops scarring and I also put it on the incision areas. The new skin underneath the lasered dead skin is younger looking and smoother. It tightens up; I can already see a difference.

Love, Mikie
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I removed the gory post surgery pic with one taken a couple of days later.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]