PICTURE of Our Beach

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pumpkinpatch, May 2, 2007.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I wanted to show you what I'll be doing this summer>

Sitting under those two trees in the shade or maybe even the hammock. Relaxing, enjoying sand, surf and reading.

I took this photo last summer. SO PEACEFUL. I'm kind of an amateur with my digital but I really liked this picture.

2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Beautiful pic of your beach.I mean how cool is that,especially having a bar just along the beach,that would do for me,LOL.
    The shade between the trees looks very inviting.I bet you're looking forward to the summer already.
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Thanks Paul! Yes, I'm looking forward to the summer! Isn't that cool about having a bar/restaurant just up the beach. I sit there and watch all the boaters (beautiful boats) coming up the river and turn into the Fort(bar) and dock right in front. The bar is an old furtraders post called Fort William!! It's open every summer. Sometimes I go up there and watch the sunsets and have a "Sunset" drink! Considering waterfront is at a premium that was a smart investment 10 years ago.

Paul: Can you explain your photo in your bio?

4. paulmack

paulmack New Member

The pic in my bio is of Durham Cathedral in NE England.It sits on a peninsula surrounded by the River Wear.
    A few of us on the board post some pics now & again & we all have to guess where it is.
    I've just bumped the thread about Durham Cathedral to the top of the board for you.
    I normally post pics of Scottish locations but saw Durham Cathedral on a TV programme & thought the location was stunning.
    BTW Did you know Fort William is a town in the North of Scotland,I wonder if there's any connection as I know a lot of Scottish ex-pats now live in Canada.
    Must be great sitting there watching all the boats coming in & out.
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

The pic in Paul's bio is his summer cottage. He just lounges around in his kilt and tam.

Your beach looks wonderful. Great place to relax.
  6. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Haha rock,wish I'd have thought of that one,my summer cottage indeed????
    But my real summer residence is Edinburgh Castle???LOL.
    I thought I had mentioned that before!!!!!
  7. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Wow, that is some summer home!

I am going to post a picture of Fort WIlliam. It is a furtrading post from 1869. It's amazing that it's still standing! They do minor repairs every summer.

I wanted to tell you that there is a little town close by to our cottage called "Sheenboro" with Irish roots. I've never seen so many talented fiddle people. They have fiddle jam sessions every Friday night in the summer at the "Fort". I brought my mother and she even joined in with her fiddle. Man, those people know how to have a good time.

8. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Yep,the Irish certainly know how to party,nearly as much as us Scots,lol.
    That's certainly a quaint pic of Fort William,& as you say it's amazing it's withstood all this time.But I suppose it does have some amazing history & stories attached to it,it would probably be sadly missed if it was replaced by a modern complex.
    Would love to have seen your mum on the fiddle,i guess she thoroughly enjoyed.
    My late Granda used to play the accordian & at Christmas & New Year we always used to get him to play a few tunes & it was great fun.But as for me,I love listening to music but can't play any instrument unfortunately.
    Thanks for posting the pic of Fort William.