Pilates for CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jess, Dec 3, 2006.

1. jess

jess New Member

Hi all, I just read something that mentioned Parkinson's patients have been doing Pilates and it had been helping them. Of course I thought of CFS. I wonder if it would work for us? My question would be that even though I have heard of Pilates I really don't know what kind of exercise it is.
    Anyone have any experience with Pilates or perhaps could tell me how one does Pilates? Is it for the whole body or just specific parts? Is it like aerobics? Thanks, Jess
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I tried pilates about 2 months ago, and I did only 1 class because the day after the class I was in so much pain that I could barely move and was pretty much bedridden for 4 days.

maybe that's just me...I am curious what others have to say.

Love to all, Ann
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Jess, I have a Pilates machine that I got on HSN and I love it. I do only ten repetitions of a few of the lying down "exercises" and they keep my body stretched and my blood moving. Before them I do also some stretches and a few yoga postures, the simple ones, on an exercise mat.

I do these things every other day. When I moved I stopped this regimen and I could tell the difference in how my body felt as well as energy. But I wouldn't take a class; they're designed for well people.

You can google Pilates machines or just Pilates to get more info.

Hugs,
    Marta