Pilates stretching exercises

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Scotty-girl, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Scotty-girl

Scotty-girl New Member

Hello...Fairly new to the Board. Was wondering if anybody has tried the Pilates method of exercising. I don't think isometrics are that good for someone with FM but you never know......By the way I love this message board. I am not one to go to meetings so this is a great way to get support,especially as most of it is so positive. Are there any other British Columbians out there??? Have a great night.
  2. Scotty-girl

Scotty-girl New Member

Hello...Fairly new to the Board. Was wondering if anybody has tried the Pilates method of exercising. I don't think isometrics are that good for someone with FM but you never know......By the way I love this message board. I am not one to go to meetings so this is a great way to get support,especially as most of it is so positive. Are there any other British Columbians out there??? Have a great night.
  3. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

Yes I tried the Pilates Exercise forum for about 2 months. I found I was in MORE pain.

I have several stretching exercises I do at least twice a day that my physical therapist taught me. Also, I'm fortunate to have a swimming pool which I'm able to use about 6 mths out of the year.

See ya a New Person - this is my third post!

Hope to chat with ya in the near future.

Gentleness

4. G

G New Member

I have gotten the dvd's to try it but am just having doubts about being able to start. Has anyone tried this and how did you find?

I use to do my exercises that I had came up with and now am seeing several of them in an infocommercial a lot lately on tv. I had foud that the ones I did helped me an great deal but had to stop some of them due to my getting more shooting pain in my legs at the time. Now I do stretching and it helps me quite a bit to loosen the muscle tension I tend to get.

I also got an gazelle a while back and like doing my stretching on it. At night my feet & legs also tend to burn and jump, so I'll go an stand on the gazelle in bare feet - the gazelle's feet platform has these great bumps in them - and I use it in place of an massage for those bumps cover my whole bottom foot area and acts like Relexology which
    is manipulation and massage of the feet to ascertain and treat disease or dysfunction elsewhere in the body. It's great and it also helps me sleep as well.

G