Pillow Suggesions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marjidoll, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Marjidoll

Marjidoll New Member

I have terrible problems with my neck,jaws, shoulders and muscle tension headaches.

I made a small pillow by taking a standard foam-filled one and taking most of the stuffing out of it so that it's low and soft. It is wearing out though and my problems are getting worse.

I have tried the contour types,foam types and even one that I got from my chiropractor that you fill with water. All of them are too hard or too high and cause a lot more pain.

I feel like the princess and the pea, but has anyone had any luck with something I haven't tried?

Thanks a bunch!
    Marji
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2006]
  2. mafusula

mafusula New Member

A wheat pillow, it's about the size of a cot pillow and I can scrunch it up into the position that supports my neck etc.

Gayl
  3. hurtin2much

hurtin2much New Member

Look for the millenium pillow at this site. I've been using the same one for 3 years now (along with the matress) and it is like new.

www.tempur.com

This is the original product, designed by NASA and is nothing like the imitations that you can now find.

The millenium one slots under your shoulders and doesn't strain your neck at all. It also has a 5 year guarrantee.

Hope this helps
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

martha stuart puff ball pillow. it is soft and you can make it into any form. i love it. charlene
  5. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

I bought a cylindrical pillow, about 10 inches long and about 8 inches across, at a warehouse store a few weeks ago.

Placed the pillow which by the way is very soft, so that it would support my neck in whatever position I was in when I went to sleep.

Slept great!

Last night, I forgot about the new pillow and used my regular bed pillows. Oh, my ACHING back!!

Regular bed pillows are now in the closet and my cylinder pillow is all by itself on the mattress. I will NOT make last night's mistake again.
    Lea.
  6. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I use a memory foam at home that I got from the Sleep Number Bed store that was very expensive (125.00) but on a recent business trip I stayed in a Hilton that had even better foam/hypoallergenic down combo made by Pacific Feather. If you go to the PF website and click on the Hotel Collection, you can find them loads cheaper than the Hilton website, which also sells them.

I bought the feather bed used by the Hilton chain directly from PF and LOVE it. I plan on upgrading my pillows next and adding the fairly lightweight but yummily warm down blanket after the pillows.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  7. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I have a pillow shaped like a dogbone - narrow in the center and thicker on the ends. It was a gift, so I don't know where it came from.
  8. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i use your basic old father pillows with good results. i bought the feather pillows about 2yrs ago and haven't woken up with neck pain since.
    i hope this helps.
    rachel