Pillow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bj, Sep 28, 2002.

1. bj

bj New Member

Does anyone have a suggestio for a good pillow. I too have FM and every morning I wake up with a stiff neck and shoulders. I'm at lost as to what type of pillow to try.
    Bj
  2. bj

bj New Member

Does anyone have a suggestio for a good pillow. I too have FM and every morning I wake up with a stiff neck and shoulders. I'm at lost as to what type of pillow to try.
    Bj
  3. bj

bj New Member

Mel,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I live in Florida so the thought of a heated mattress pad doesn't sound appealing. My doc has me on muscle relaxers for the night but they don't seem to be doing the trick.
  4. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I also have tried every pillow out there. My latest is a Laytex pillow and I love it. They are hard to find, it is not just a regular foam pillow, it has to be Laytex.
    Like Mel said the heating pad is wonderful. I have one and I live in TX. I thought the same as you, it is hot enough, why would I want to be hotter. The room is A/C and it feels sooo good to lay on something warm. I think I am going to put mine on a timer because I do wake up in the middle of the night too hot. So I thought if it would go off 2 hours after I go to sleep it would be perfect.
    I hope this helps..
    Cindy
  5. achy

achy New Member

I not only LOVE my laytex pillow, I also have a laytex mattress!! They are worth every penny...Approx $30-40 for king size.
    Great also cause they don't harobr dust mites and are hypoalergenic (sp lol)
    Cool in summer, warm in winter.
    Good luck
    Achy
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I love my Mediflow Water Pillow. It is nice and cool and completely adjusts to your head and neck as you move. You can fill it differently depending upon your favorite sleeping position too. I wouldn't be without it.
    Klutzo