Pimple in ear canal?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by CFIDSNicole, Aug 1, 2005.

1. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

Yes, this sounds riduculous, but has anyone ever gotten a pimple in their ear canal before? I'm not talking a nice little whitehead, either--it is what I call the "big underground zit." It looks a bit like cystic acne and you feel it long before you see it. It never comes to a head, just gets huge and red and painful.

Well, I normally get these on my chin and around my nose, but the past couple days, I have sprouted one in my ear canal. It hurts! My whole ear feels like it is very hot.

Any ideas on how to help it go away? I don't really want to put pimple medicine in my ear or essential oils--just doesn't seem to be a safe place to put things.

Anyway, thanks for listening,
    Nicole
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I think that is the first time I ever heard of a zit in the ear :)

Have you tried peroxide in your ear? any time I have any kind of ear problems the first thing I do is use an eye dropper and put peroxide in it. It will fizz, then when it stops I clean the ear out. It never has failed me.

Also, if you can 'reach' that pimple, try a little natural vitamin E on a Q-Tip to coat it. Vitamin E heals pretty quickly, it even works for pimples, cuts, torn cuticle, and some rashes. But it has to be the Natural E, the synthetic won't help.

But I would suggest you call the doctor first if at all possible.

Good luck, and I hope it goes away soon!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. lil45

lil45 New Member

hi,
    i had one in my left ear a couple of months ago, it was a big one as well. my doc checked it out and it was just a big spot.
    the one i had was very sore.

louise
  4. lovstoshine

lovstoshine New Member

Something I am taking is causing me to get these painful things. I am not even sure if they are pimples as I can feel them come on but they just have to go away on there own

Nothing ever comes out of them and if you try to squeeze then it makes it even worse.

Like you I had been getting some on my chin and actually one on my cheek that took forever to go away and then the one in my ear - that kinda freaked me out as I couldn't see it just feel it.

It went away though and then another one started to come on but for some reason went away within a couple of days
    very thankful for that

I know I am not much help but if it is what I have been getting the quickest way for it to leave is to just leave it alone - as hard as that is!! and I know they are so painful!!

Hang in there
    Jeanie
  5. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

I KNOW how painful these are. I have had about four over the last ten years and they are awful. Three of them ending up rupturing when I cleaned with a q-tip after shower. Mine would get so bad you could push on my outside cheekbone and the gunk would come out. TONS of it. GROSS I know, sorry! Only one time did mine go away without it.

Peroxide is what the doc told me also. It is very safe in your ears.

Hope it doesn't get too bad. I don't know if there is anywhere I haven't had a pimple. My husband and I finally got a weekend away one time and I ended up with one just under my eye of all places in the corner. It puffed my whole eye up and boy did I feel like being in a romantic mood, NOT! I was so embarrassed. I thought that my tear ducts had plugged up. Came home early and went to the doc to find out it was a PIMPLE> ughhh!

Warm wash cloths always feel good!!

Maia
  6. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

You are great! I will try the peroxide today. It is painful, and is starting to feel kind of itchy. Maybe it's healing?

Lovtoshine? sorry if that is wrong--what you describe is exactly what I get--for me I know they are pimples and not caused by aanything I am taking. I have been getting them since I was a teenager (I'm 26), but never in my hear canal before! I've gotten them around the outside of my outer ear, but never inside.

I'll try the peroxide and see what happens.

Take care,
    Nicole
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Not deep in the ear, like you do, but on the inside of the ear where you can touch it. I found out they were from the folic acid in bread and crackers. Took me a long time to figure that out.

I will get them on my face, forehead and they are more like hives. Eventually they heal using Mary Kay Acne Treatment Gel on them. You have to be careful with that stuff, though, because it will take the color out of your hair and clothes.

My husband made cornbread the other night and that really set them off badly. Now I have to go to the dentist tomorrow and makeup won't cover all of them. :(

Hugs,
    Faye
  8. JenniferAnn539

JenniferAnn539 New Member

Nicole,

Please keep a close eye on it.

Years ago, I thought I had a pimple in my ear canal, but after a few days I came to find out it was herpes. I had never had any sort of herpes before. I came down with Bells Palsy, with numbness on the side of my face and mouth.

I had never heard of Bells Palsy and was shocked and alarmed by the whole experience.

If you start experiencing numbness or twitching on your face get yourself to the doctor or ER for medication quick!

Best of luck,
    Jennifer