Pine cone extract

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jimbei, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Jimbei

Jimbei New Member

Hi

Thinking of giving Transfer Factor a rest and trying another NK enhancer. Can anyone please tell me where on the internet it possible to buy either Pine cone extract or earth dragon peptides? I can't find them on the sites Cheney recommends. Also any comments on their effectiveness would be appreciated

Cheers

James
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I looked a long time for the pine cone stuff but never found it. But I did look up other supplements that will shift the th2 to th1 so th1 can become active and stop the RNase-L:

glutathione (undenatured whey protein or NAC)
    colostrum
    transfer factor
    probiotics (esp lactobacillus plantarum, bifobacterium longum and acidophilus)
    chlorella
    noni
    neem
    beta 1,3 glucan
    dhea
    IP6
    vitamin E
    deer antler velvet

I take the probiotics, chlorella, IP6, vit E, deer antler velvet and a cheap version of beta 1,3 glucan. I'm improving but I'm taking lots of stuff. I just started with these last month but I'm counting on being symptom free sometime next year because I'm improving so much. I hope these will take care of the RNase-L. I guess the only way to tell is if I really get back to normal.

hope this helps you

karen
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I used pine cone extract maybe 7 years ago, along with several of those other Th1/Th2 things that Cheney recommended. None of them helped me. I now think maybe my body was so overrun with viruses that any positive effect was totally overshadowed.

Perhaps if I make headway with reducing the viral count, the effect would be more noticeable. It's good to be reminded of options to try should this happen.

i can't remember where i bought this. I'm not sure it was on the internet, because I wasn't buying much on the Internet in those days. Maybe I requested that my local health food store find it for me.

In any case, if you find it or use the other Th1/Th2 things, please post the results. it would be interesting to see if they have effectiveness on someone who's attacked viruses in other ways.
  4. cobie

cobie New Member

Im just adding heparin to the list of shifters.Maybe the shift wont happen while the body is full of heavy metals.As Rich got rid of heavy metals , then addressed the immune system ? Cobie
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I've had testing though....heavy metals aren't my problem. I think it's viruses for me.
  6. kbak

kbak Member

I think you want pine bark. If you google "pine bark supplement" you'll find what your looking for.

kbak
  7. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I, too, hit a leveling off with Herxing with TF. My Cognitive Dysfunction mind tells me to try something else too.

I'm adding enzyme treatment to TF. I've used up a bottle of Vitalzym but honestly couldn't remember to take the 5 caps-3X daily. I felt worse (Herxing) and forgot all the more. It may have been working great. Vitalzym is touted by Dr. William Wong N.D. www.drwong.us and http://www.life-enthusiast.com/index/Articles/Wong/Viruses:_Fighting_and_Winning

I read other Posts about Virastop: http://www.enzymedica.com/products/Virastop?PHPSESSID=8d53a2f6fff2a94d410e32958b3d38e4

I'm going to try this next.

Based on other forum posts of people who have RECOVERED. You can't really tell that you're getting better...until one day you wake up and WOW.
  8. Catseye

Catseye Member

Thank you kbak, it's been driving me nuts why I couldn't find it!

Cheney must have mispoke or got misquoted but it has to be pine bark after just looking through some articles.

Here's the original article by Cheney called Balance the Th1/Th2 Immune System:

http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diagnosis/cheneyis.html

Here's something I just ran across about pine bark:

More powerful free radical scavengers come in the form of anthocyanosides, (the colour in blueberries, cherries, and blackberries), proanthocyanadins, and procyanidolic oligomers (PCOs, or the French equivalent, OPCs). The particular PCOs found in the pine bark have a patented name of Pycnogenol. Other PCOs are found in purple grape skins and grape seeds. These antioxidants are as much as 50 times more potent than Vitamin E and 20 times more than Vitamin C. Research has shown that the use of antioxidants derived from blueberries and grape seeds can inhibit the breakdown of the blood/brain barrier in rats and also reduce inflammation. Anthocyanosides tend to be better anti-inflammatories and PCOs better antioxidants.

I'm already taking pycnogenol, so I guess I've been taking it all along!

happy xmas!

karen