pine cone extract

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by curehound03, Jan 11, 2003.

1. curehound03

curehound03 New Member

Hello all!
    Happy New Year to all. Im back...no not cured, a little better but still hounding for one! Good to see Mikie and Shirl as moderators...familiar souls like Mel, Billie. Sue, Jasmine.
    Frequency of flares is less but just got over a recent horrendous one. I'm wondering if anyone has tried pinecone extract. By far this is an herbal preparation that has the closest mechanism of action to Ampligen's effect on the immune system.

Thanks! P.S. Has Jackie F left the board?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It must be a longtime since you were here? I hate to admit this, but I am rattling my brain trying to remember you exactly, but I do remember the screen name; 'curehound'!

I have not tired the Pine cone extract(but if you want Pine cones, I have them by the truck load here in my yard!), have been doing great on malic acid, magnesium, ZMA (for sleep), drinking half my body weight in ounces of water a day, and taking Sea Salt.

In fact, I am a good 80% better than when I first came on this board! Thanks especially go out to Mel who all but punch my running lights out trying to get me to use ZMA for sleep! that was the real turning point in my Fibro pain, I am now sleeping 7-8 hours very soundly every night now. This has changed my whole life!

It is sure nice to have you back, and I do hope you are here to stay!

Shalom, Shirl

3. curehound03

curehound03 New Member

I know its been a while. I'm so glad you are so much better
    Since you first started here. I moved twice in the last year and yes, so many more stressful events in my life have occured, but I guess I've learned to cope better, thanks to the many tips from this board. I've been on a daily regimen of multivitamins.B-complex&C, vitamin E, selenium and coenzyme Q for a year and thats helped. Half a unisom for sleep at night (Sorry Mel, I've given up on the ZMA!) I've not been catching my kid's viruses as often but since I stopped my supplements, BAM! This winter is bad!

I bought a bottle of the extract and expect to get it soon. If I knew how to make the stuff Shirl I'd take your pinecones in a minute! :) It ain't cheap I'll tell ya that.

Will let you know how it works for me.

great to be back! - curehound
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

That moving is a stressor! I moved here eight years ago, and I still have 'stuff' in boxes. I have no idea what is in them either!

Glad to hear you are doing well. Yes, the supplements do help keep the virus away. I have been using Oil of Oregano (North America co), all I do is put a little under my nostrils when I am going to stores, it works like a charm! Its anti bacterial or something.

I do try to stay away from anyone that has the flu or a cold though. I just get so sick when I get something like that.

Glad to have you back Curehound!

Shalom, Shirl

PS. It would be nice to know how to get the extract out of the pine cones!!! I could get rich around here!! No joke, I use them in the fireplace, they really smell good when they are burning.
  5. SharonR

SharonR New Member

Have ordered the tinctures from Florida, company info
    order@pinextraextract.com.
    I realized that the Moducare sold here contains the seed extract, so have been taking it per instruction. 2 caps 3xdaily for one week, now ready to start 2 daily. The jury is still out, but will keep a progress posting on the board if it helps.
    Dr Cheney's common sense approach to all this gives me hope, there was an interesting article last week by him concerning the actual battle that takes place in the body due to false /negative immmune response.
    That's all I know about it at the present time, except it is damned hard to find anywhere.
    Smiles
    SharonR
  6. shoobacat

shoobacat New Member

Dr. Cheney has me on Pinextra which is pine cone extract (the drops). It is not the same as pine leaf or pine seed extract - I asked his staff earlier this week. Pine Cone Extract works like (and with) Isoprenosine to modulate the immune system and helps with TH2. I've used it, been of it and am back on it again. It also helps with GI problems.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2003]
  7. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

in effectiveness for modulating the immune system to the Immunovir? It sounds like it would be easier to obtain, since the Immunovir doesn't have approval by the FDA in the U.S.A. Would like to hear from anyone using it as to it's effectiveness....