pinpoint dots all over... anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I posted on the Lupus sight as well.
    Has anyone had small pinpoint blood spots all over? I have these and it looks like a small needle has stabbed me all over my torso and some on my legs.

Just wondering what to do - or if this has ever happened to anyone else.

HUgs
    Kim
  2. chickadee

chickadee New Member

these could be a sign of a more serious illness - lukemia, thrombocytopenia or others. Or, it could be nothing. Not to panic but if the dots are not gone in a day or so, please have a doctor check it out.

Peace,
    Chickadee
  3. TerryS

TerryS Member

Especially on my torso and breasts. This started in my early 30s. I'm 45 now and they are all over the place. Seems I find new ones on a daily basis.

I think they might be petechiae (not sure if I spelled that right). I think they're harmless, but seems I read it indicates something??? Anybody know offhand?

TerryS
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

i thought i read it can mean an infection too... speaking to a nurse, will let you know what they say - or if i should be seen in the E.R.
    Thanks
    Kim
  5. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Sounds like the samething that I have. My doctor says they are harmless and that I shouldn't worry about them. she checked them out. I got them all over.

Angie
  6. Cookie3

Cookie3 New Member

I have them on the inside of my upper arms. I always wondered about them. I do have FM/CF and RA, maybe some connection, not sure. If anyone has any info on these that would be great. Take of yourself. Cookie3 in New Orleans
  7. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I get them and they last for a few days and then go away.

Sometimes on my upper thighs, or abdoman or breasts.

They just kind of come and go.

Always wondered what they are from.

I have FM... don't know if there is any connection.

Anyone got more info??

Would like to know.

CarolK