Pins and Needles Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlrarr, May 26, 2006.

1. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

Hello,
    I know I dont post alot but I read each and every day. I do have a question.
    I have had this feeling of needles in my feet, legs, and hands. When I stand up I dont feel it but when I sit or lay down boy it is so bad!! It hurts like fire. It started out just alittle tingeling now and then now its full blown!! My question is - is this common? Do any of you out there have this? And what is it. I had a friend come over who has a machine to check my blood suger and it was 88 which is great, so I am at a loss.
    Thanks alot...

Hugs from Bakersfield...
    Melinda
  2. Peacelearning

Peacelearning New Member

Hi...
    If you have not been diagnosed, this is NOT the place. We all have helpful advice that works for us or is particular to each case, but it may not be to yours. Snake oil salesmen sware by their "medicines". But, the body has reasons it developes symptoms. Maxing may not be healthy in the long run. Your symptoms could be caused by a number of things. If you do not post much, but you felt the need to post this, then I would suggest you should take a step into your doctor and ask for a neurological consultation. Stress, blood pressure, age, history, O2 levels... all this plays a part diagnosing "vague symptoms". Though a nice website, a face to face visit with doc is best.

Peace.
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

The "fire" feeling is typically neurological. Do you have FM? Your profile is not complete, so I'm guessing.

I have this nerve pain, and it can as said before be caused by toxins, or it can be so that you are developing neuropathy. Either way, when you have new symptoms, you should always let your doctor know so he/she can exlude serious problems.

It might be so that it is FM related, but you need to find that out.

Good luck!
  4. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Pins and needles can be many things.

It can be neuropathy (diabetes is only one disease that can cause it), nerve compression, nerve damage from medication, a temporary side-effect of medication or it could "just be FM".

It is important that you go consult with your doctor to obtain a differential diagnosis. You may need to be referred to a neurologist for proper treatment.

Keep a diary of your symptoms and try to go back in your memory to find out when it first started and when in particular it began to escalate to its current state.

Hope this helps,
    Hugs,
    Madame Curie

[ advertisement ]